Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Editorial: Turnpike trial

Comments

Orwell 1 year, 4 months ago

More and more I find myself thinking back to Jimmy Breslin's description of Rudy Giuliani: "A small man in search of a balcony."

Larry Sturm 1 year, 4 months ago

Turnpike fees are collected for turnpike repairs and not for every road project in the state. Fees that are collected for one thing it is illegal to be used for other projects I hope this is contested in the courts.

Thomas Bryce 1 year, 4 months ago

I know it has been a long time since the Turnpike was built, but I seem to recall that the tolls for the use of the Turnpike were going to be Temporary. They said they were going to impose tolls until they recouped the cost of construction. THAT is one expensive Turnpike.

sciencegeek 1 year, 4 months ago

Johnston wasn't forced to resign; he saw the handwriting on the wall, and left while he could. Just like hundreds of other state employees.

The question is, who's going to keep watch on this? This legislature? Even if they were willing to go to the mat to disagree with the governor, the only information they'll have to study is whatever the administration presents to them. And this group has manipulated data (i.e. fudged) to a degree never seen in state politics. They can lie to your face and not even blink.

As Mark Twain said, "Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable."

Commenting has been disabled for this item.