Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Gift to help put 'name and face' to cancer care

Comments

Jennifer Klopp 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Well no wonder she is wearing such beautiful jewelry! Thank you to the Walshes for such a thoughtful, generous gift. This program will benefit so many cancer patients and their loved ones for years to come.

MurphyCat 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Great work, Teresa! She is also one of the founders of Silpada Designs, the sterling silver jewelry company.

FloridaSunshine 11 months, 3 weeks ago

As a cancer survivor/thriver, I must say the KU Cancer Center has been blessed by Teresa and Tom Walsh. What a caring, generous, and loving couple!! The patient-navigation program is such an important part in the treatment of each patient. As Tsue commented in the article, and it is indeed true...as soon as one hears the word 'cancer', everything else said is immediately forgotten...or simply not processed. The brain seems to go into overload mode. What a blessing to have a nurse (particularly one who has gone through your own type of cancer) beside you to navigate through all the information you have to digest.

I received my care from Florida Hospital Waterman Cancer Center in Tavares, Florida, and from my diagnosis to the last treatment, it was a loving and spiritual environment exactly like a huge, extended family. Everyone knew me on a first name basis (a nick-name, at that!) and everyone, from oncologists to nurses to technicians, became part of my heart. They were ALL incredible. I didn't run into even one grumpy or rude or non-caring person during my whole experience. How many of us can say THAT about any hospital we've ever been to? I certainly cannot.

Patients at KU Cancer Center will benefit immensely from the giving spirits of this wonderful couple!

Commenting has been disabled for this item.