Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Opinion: Note to Self: Hire Mitchell Wiggins

Comments

kuae99 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Yeah, unless he's had a full-on religious mea culpa after those mid-80s drug problems, I don't think he has the ground to stand on to discipline players nor would I want him in my home if I were the parent of a recruit.

Pius Waldman 11 months, 3 weeks ago

I've checked his playing and work history and we are talking about Mitchell Wiggins having vast professional playing and coaching experience. He coached a D league team in Spearfish SD so we are not talking about someone that doesn't know about coaching. I'm sure his son also got advice from Dad. Maybe Bill Self will check into this and maybe he won't but like Tom said worth a check.

cheeseburger 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Involved with cocaine? No thanks.

jhawkinsf 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Didn't we hire Darnell Valentine's high school coach while we were recruiting him? The high school coach left when Valentine left. Ouch, I'm dating myself.

Liberal 11 months, 3 weeks ago

What are you talking about adoc1963a1? Do you think Chalmers dad and Mannings dad were here by chance?

jonas_opines 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Wiggins =/= Manning. It might be worth it if Wiggins showed any idea he'd stay past 1 year, but we all know he's not going to. So we'd be hiring an assistant coach with no experience to speak of for the privilege of hosting his progeny (and associated ego) for a single season.

Just let the attention-craving diva go to Kentucky and be done with it.

adoc1963a1 11 months, 3 weeks ago

That could be very dangerous territory hiring a players father. Just about like giving bribes. I do not think I would touch that idea.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.