Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Fix-It Chick: How to get rid of voles

Comments

bearded_gnome 11 months, 3 weeks ago

relocate a half mile away? seems they're still out there.

I would think their feces are a common means for passing serious illnesses. seems better to kill them.

fmrl 11 months, 3 weeks ago

I think it would be a lot more humane to relocate yourself rather than the vole. Think about how upsetting and stressful it must be for the poor creature. Why can't we just peacefully coexist with nature?

Jock Navels 11 months, 3 weeks ago

relocate these varmints to vole heaven. use the anticoagulant (decon, among others) sparingly...it works it's way into the food chain, kills birds.

JJE007 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Along with house mice, they make great catfish and bass bait. I'm just saying...

Milton Bland 11 months, 3 weeks ago

underdeveloped area? I really don't want anyone to release these critters near my farm. Maybe the "chick" would appreciate someone releasing a skunk near her store?

Linda Cottin 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Voles can be relocated to any undeveloped outdoor area where they are less likely to do damage, preferably a half mile or more away from neighboring homes and gardens.

seriously, where do you relocate them to?

obviously they're vegetarians ...

Step 3: Capture and relocate voles by placing live traps in runways or near burrows. Voles seldom stray from their runways, so place the traps accordingly and check them daily.

---"relocate?" okay, to where? a blue state?

Commenting has been disabled for this item.