Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Governor: Higher education deserves to avoid cuts

Comments

Nani700 11 months, 3 weeks ago

They will not because of Sam's terrible financial policies.

toe 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Brownback is right. Schools deserve to avoid cuts. Unfortunately, they will not.

R.J. Dickens 11 months, 3 weeks ago

And where did Rhodes get his information on these "funds"? His imaginary friends--you know, the ones who all showed up for his bill to gut the civil service system?

George Lippencott 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Beware of "Brownie" bearing gifts. Nest year the axe!

yourworstnightmare 11 months, 3 weeks ago

The antics in the anti-intellectual and anti-education Kansas legislature continue.

oldexbeat 11 months, 3 weeks ago

reeding, riting, rematic -- all we need -- and 6000 years of history is all there is -- right Sammy ????

bobberboy 11 months, 3 weeks ago

he really does'nt understand anything he's doing folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

bobberboy 11 months, 3 weeks ago

our wonderful governor is really saying "hey i really screwed up cutting higher education so i'm making up this excuse to cover my tracks"

kujayhawk7476 11 months, 3 weeks ago

It takes a special kind of stupid to make comments like the one Marc Rhoades made. I exhibits a complete lack of understanding of what makes a state great.

He, the "speaker" (if one can call him that - a title doesn't garner respect), and their right-wing whacko buddies are making such a mess of this state and our retupation, it may take a decade to repair the damage.

Larry Sturm 11 months, 3 weeks ago

No education needs to be cut for that is the future of our state and country.

Richard Heckler 11 months, 3 weeks ago

Fine then all Sam ALEC Brownback needs to do is VETO the cuts...... very simple.

Paul R Getto 11 months, 4 weeks ago

“Higher Education seems to continue to create ways to spend money, and spend more on existing programs,” Rhoades said in an emailed statement. “At some point someone needs to ask, ‘How much is enough?’”

A good point, perhaps. Do you think this concept might work with other entities, the MIC, the farm program and business tax cuts?

Commenting has been disabled for this item.