Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On 'Green' theology scholar preaches return to our roots

Comments

John Kyle 1 year, 7 months ago

Oh please! Christians have used their dominion of the earth argument to rape the planet and now they want to pretend that they are environmental? Jesus killed a fig tree for no reason. All the religions that already worshipped the earth were wiped out by christians. There are plenty of religious beliefs out there which don't consider nature to be below humans. Why don't they try one of those before they modify their infallible beliefs.

tomatogrower 1 year, 7 months ago

And they are going to be really surprised when they realize God told them to take care of the earth. Oops.

Frederic Gutknecht IV 1 year, 7 months ago

I don't see y'all being able to pour the "multiply and subdue" kool-aid back into the bottle but I wish you luck.

Besides that... Have you noticed that corporations run the world? Try dishing up your religion for those "people" and see how well it goes.

Bring on the plague, pestilence, floods and fire! This world needs a mighty housecleaning...not that what's left of the human race won't bring ruin back to the future...

Here comes the devil with my juicy apple... Gotta go.

ThePilgrim 1 year, 7 months ago

Blah. Let's get real - until the last hundred years or so man had a diet consisting of meat and bread. Vegetarianism, or any significant part of the diet being vegetables, was "unsustainable" here and anywhere north because of growing seasons.
Not only that but the major religions Christianity, Judaism, and Islam do not have earth worship as part of their faith.

verity 1 year, 7 months ago

People trying to do something positive and all you can do is take swipes at them?

You're right...but it's so hard to believe that "baby (theological) steps" will do any good, as long as our entire world is controlled by greedy corporations that (who?) are a cancer that is at stage 4 in a lame governmental structure. Believing that this is not a lame step seems somewhat like believing that a song can change the world. Has that EVER worked?

verity 1 year, 7 months ago

Damn, you're pessimistic. All we can all do is to try our best to do what is right. Of course, they are not going to change everything by themselves, but I think that they should at least be given credit for what they're trying to do---and they're not the only people/organizations, religious or secular.

Yes, we have made a mess of things, but if I thought that there was no hope, then what is the point in living? I, for one, am not going to give up until they carry me out.

Damn...STRAIGHT! When has this world EVER gotten better under the leadership of the greedy, naked apes?

Commenting has been disabled for this item.