Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Lawhorn's Lawrence: Westie, the wheelchair ramp champion

Comments

bearded_gnome 1 year, 3 months ago

Thank you Chad for another wonderful Lawhorn's Lawrence!

bearded_gnome 1 year, 3 months ago

Westerhouse, the hands of Christ. ramps are indeed this important to people in wheelchairs. my wife uses one, we are fortunate to live in a home that does not need one. even today with awareness of the need for access, there's a lot of trouble getting wheelchairs into places.

I so appreciated the detail about Westerhouse, nd his attitude. thanks chad.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 3 months ago

Preach the gospel, and if you have to use words. Saint Frances said this and I think he meant that talking doesn't put potatoes on the table. The man should write a book and name it the Myth of Aging as so many ideas of how people age have been disproved.

Great story!

patkindle 1 year, 3 months ago

thanks for a wonderful story, he is a great man

shadowlady 1 year, 3 months ago

I know both Westie and one of his son's, and they both go the extra mile for everyone. They are truly wonderful people, and they show Gods christain love to anyone. Wonderful story, my hat off to Westie, his crew and his family. God bless you all.

FloridaSunshine 1 year, 3 months ago

One of the most inspiring stories I've ever read! You go, Westie, and keep on going for a long, long time to come. May God continue bless you and your family...seems He hasn't stopped blessing you in all of your extraordinary 85 years of life! I believe that's because you have honored Him...and never paid attention to being applauded for it. You do what you do for HIS glory, not your own. That is SO evident.

Thanks, Chad, for this wonderful story of an amazing man! We need stories like this to overcome the horrible ones we hear and read about every day. Makes me think, Chad, that you must be quite a wonderful man, yourself, to write about such an inspirational man as Westie. Again, thank you.

tyson travis 1 year, 3 months ago

Westie and Dorothy were some of my late Mom's best supporters in her later years, she never needed a wheelchair ramp, but Dorothy would show up a couple of times a month to take Mom out to lunch. They even drove her to our summer cabin in the Smokies once, but had to cut the trip short when our spring dried up. They used to be active square dancers with my folks, I guess the exercise prolonged her life and is keeping both of them going. Way to go Westie! Ty Travis, Pine Bluff, Ark.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.