Discussions

Reader comments

On School board to begin scheduling bond-funded projects

Comments

kuguardgrl13 1 year, 12 months ago

So they're considering, say, closing Cordley completely for one or two years to get all the work done while moving the students to other buildings, or closing off parts of Cordley and opening them in stages. Honestly, there are benefits to both. If you close the school completely for a short period of time, you can get the kids into a new building much sooner. The downside is that you have to move them elsewhere for a period of time. Do the teachers move with them, or are they folded into other schools and subject to the same upheaval as when Wakarusa Valley was closed completely? And then you have closing the building in stages. This is what I dealt with for most of my elementary school years in the late 90s/early 2000s. We were without such staples as a jungle gym for several years. The divider in the new MPR that separated the cafeteria side from the gym was still not functioning properly when I moved up to middle school. On the flip side, when my middle school was being modeled, they simply added an extra wing, so they put some tarps up between the old and the new. So perhaps they will close some fully and others will be done in stages, depending on what work needs to be done. Personally I hope they are able to complete all the projects as quickly as possible, so that the students can take advantage of the improvements.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.