Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On No charges yet, but information about alleged turkey abuse case sent to D.A.'s office

Comments

bangaranggerg 1 year, 9 months ago

Wrong town to pull something like that! I keep hearing my dad talk about "those turkeys on the city commission" so you gotta know that they have enough influence that you'd never get away with it.

COjayrocks 1 year, 9 months ago

The turkey was not "rented". Think about the logic behind that statement before regurgitating. Just because it was in a quote made by the member of the band that called the police does not mean it's true. And yes, I know this for a fact.

asixbury 1 year, 9 months ago

What difference does it make if it were rented or owned? Abuse is wrong in either situation.

Food_for_Thought 1 year, 9 months ago

You know this for a fact? Are you a member of Beta Theta Pi? Just curious, because this Beta Theta Pi member claimed in a news interview that the turkey is supposed to be returned to the farm that it came from. Don't believe me? Watch for yourself:

http://6lawrence.com/news/local/beta-theta-pi-fraternity-being-investigated-for-animal-cruelty/

Bob Forer 1 year, 9 months ago

Another example of the importance of a free press. Were it not for the LJW keeping track of this incident, I am sure no criminal charges would be forthcoming on the grounds that "hey, let the frat boys have a little fun." The crimes obviously aren't being taken very seriously, or charges would have been filed long ago. Its not like it is a complex case requiring a lengthy investigation. Talk to witnesses, identify the suspects, and forward the report to hte DA for action. No mysteries.

The longer it takes to file charges, the lesser the changes are of obtaining a conviction. Witnesses move, their memory fades, etc.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.