Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Letter: Don’t sign

Comments

Abdu Omar 1 year, 1 month ago

This is not a scam, I don't believe, but it isn't in our best interest at this time. Let's see what the new commission feels and let's put it to a referendum of the voters and go from there. The commission is not spending today's money as much as the future. Let's simply put it to a vote!

msezdsit 1 year, 1 month ago

What’s the big hurry?

Because the longer this scam goes on the less likely they will be able to pull this scam off. It is a race.

rockchalk1977 1 year, 1 month ago

Another "progressive" voice delaying progress in Lawrence, KS. Build it and they will come to spend money and generate revenue.

Joe Hyde 1 year, 1 month ago

Great letter, Ms. Pogany. Thank you. I, too, want the city commission to vote NO on initial funding of Rock Chalk Park. Put the project into dry dock, chip all the barnacles off its hull and, especially, authorize a city referendum to determine whether the project sails.

jafs 1 year, 1 month ago

Spending this money now when the project bids won't be approved by this commission is absurd.

It's a waste of money.

If the next commission doesn't approve the bids, we've spent over $2 million for nothing at all.

Cant_have_it_both_ways 1 year, 1 month ago

Many of us feel the same way about the empT, Library, Homeless Shelter, LAC, The new Community Theatre and the bicycle paths. At least this project has the potential to generate some revenue. Lets face it, the town is growing to the West. This would and will be a great facility to support the business growth in that area. Just because it is not being built in East Lawrence is no reason to hate it.

Wayne James 1 year, 1 month ago

Let those who wanrt thei "fabulous" rec center pay for it out of their own pockets! Goodness, don't stick it to the taxpayers of Larence/Douglas County. I have a feeling that this proposed rec center will be used mainly by those attending KU, so let them and all who use this facility, pay for it by charging High(er) usage fees!

Commenting has been disabled for this item.