Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On February a record-breaking month for concealed-carry permits in Kansas

Comments

Vacman 1 year, 1 month ago

My bi-polar ex-wife just got hers!!

pace 1 year, 1 month ago

With leaders of the the tea party telling people that there is rape and real rape, quibbles like that mean more women should be armed. At least if we don't shoot them the Kansas legislature seems to be considering, after too long a time, getting rid of the five year free pass.

Pancake_Pusher 1 year, 1 month ago

I been wanting to get a concealed gun for a long time now to protect myself from strange occurances, and now I think its time to do it. The only problem is that I was born without thumbs and I need someone to teach me to shoot without thumbs. I tried it before when my husband was alive and I found it almost impossible to hold a concealed gun steady enough to shoot it straight. Do anyone know of some experts who could train a person like me to shoot straight, like a guns shop or shooting ranges?

Centerville 1 year, 1 month ago

Seriously. That's DHS's advice. That's after the epidemic of shoulder dislocations and injuries from falls as women practiced Joe Biden's advice to "go out on your balcony and shoot your shotgun into the air."

Armored_One 1 year, 1 month ago

Conceal and carry. What a wonderful way to feel secure until you turn a corner and some punk sticks a gun in your face.

Stop and actually think about it. We don't live in Lone Ranger Land and Marshall Dillion isn't going to walk into the Red Lyon any time soon. No, these days, there are no gun fights in the streets, which were pretty rare anyway, and instead we have small groups of people that are generally all armed, or at least mostly armed, that already have their weapons unholstered before anything is started at all.

Unless you are a quick draw expert, you are NOT going to outdraw the trigger finger on the kid pointing the gun in your face while demanding your wallet. To think otherwise is just going to get you hurt, if not worse. Instead, learn to be a bit credible about being scared and take self defense courses, where they teach you to disarm an opponent while being unarmed yourself.

But that would require actually being a grown up and taking true responsibility for yourself and others.

Assume, for a moment, that you actually manage to unholster your sidearm and squeeze off a round or two at the punk in front of you, which of course assumes he's in front of you and not behind you. If you miss the punk, which is actually quite likely due to teh effects adrenaline has on the human body, I wonder where that bullet would go? Would it magically disappear mid-flight? Not to mention the punk would likely return the favor with probably much the same accuracy for the same reasons.

However, disarm him and/or knock him out, no bullets flying around helter skelter, no bystanders hurt, and best of all, you are most likely not hurt.

But that is just me, I guess...

MacHeath 1 year, 1 month ago

Gun prices took a big jump too...

MacHeath 1 year, 1 month ago

Another paranoid reaction to the talk of new gun regs. The same thing happened when Obama was elected. It pisses me off, because all the nuts buy up the ammo. Even if you can find it, its expensive as heck. I think the ammo shortage may have been created to cause more paranoia amongst the gun buying public. THe ammo manufactures geared up after the last one, so there should be plenty, and it should be cheaper... Maybe I am paranoid LOL

rockchalk1977 1 year, 1 month ago

And the award for 'Gun Salesman Of The Year' goes to... Hussein Obama!

budtugly 1 year, 1 month ago

UneasyRider..it is total paranoia, until it comes down to when there is a real threat, then as I have heard twice in my life," hey do you still have that gun?" Of course if you never travel or remain in a cocoon then you may not need one very often. I prefer to enjoy my freedom and not be paranoid.

UneasyRider 1 year, 1 month ago

February a record-breaking month for total paranoia in Kansas.

bballwizard 1 year, 1 month ago

KRichards thats pretty cool. Just like the wild wild west.

Keith Richards 1 year, 1 month ago

I wear my gun in my holster on my hip where everyone can see it. I feel as though that is more of a deterrent.

jayhawklawrence 1 year, 1 month ago

I think the anti-gun rhetoric we have been deluged with is having a predictable effect which is also hurting Democratic polling numbers so I expect to start hearing less of it.

I already have my CCL and I am glad I have it.

bearded_gnome 1 year, 1 month ago

The state received 3,573 applications for concealed-carry handgun permits in February, the most in any one month since the state started issuing the permits in 2006. That was more than the 3,167 applications counted in January — itself a record-setting month — and more than double the previous high of 1,651 in March 2012.

---with our idiocracy such as Jawbone Joe biden saying just fire two shotgun blasts illegally in the air, no wonder sane law abiding people are seeking to protect themselves at a record pace in the legally prescribed manner.

the more the hysterical left hyperventilates against guns he more they advertise for the need for guns, because criminals don't get disarmed by new laws.

patkindle 1 year, 1 month ago

i wonder how many crooks bother getting a carry permit? i doubt if many folks arrested for a crime with a gun have a permit or even a legal gun. the criminals will always have guns, while the law abiding citizen will have his registered, permited and ready to be confiscated by the gun police when they come after the legal guns

Commenting has been disabled for this item.