Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Letter: Respect not automatic

Comments

Thomas Bryce 1 year, 8 months ago

Good Article, Bootsie! Couldn't agree more. I don't care WHO you are: You have to Give Respect to Get Respect. The Governor's Administration Demands respect with out showing any. They shall have NONE from Me until it is earned. What do ya Say Governor?

Greg Cooper 1 year, 8 months ago

Absolutely true, Ms. Lauridsen, and thank you.

Pastor_Bedtime 1 year, 8 months ago

He'll get a bit more respect when he reimburses the taxpayers for all the farm subsidies he's mooched over the years. He wanted people to pay for his lifestyle, evidently.

Thomas Bryce 1 year, 8 months ago

ROFLMAO at You. So you are a Leech if you work and you are a leech if you don't.? Liberals Mandating how we should live our lives? There are just Not enough Rich People? Brownback, the ONLY Public Employee that deserves Respect! I am gonna split a seam laughing if I continue.

jonas_opines 1 year, 8 months ago

Also, according to LG40, Hurricane Sandy was an Act of God against the heathen liberal bastions in the Northeast, and thus worth cheering.

He is Poe's Law in action. Whether he believes what he's peddling or whether he is just trolling ultimately don't matter. The point is you can't really tell.

Bob Forer 1 year, 8 months ago

' It has to be earned, usually through hard work and sweat.'

You got that right pardner. Have yet to see a rich guy sweat when counting his money.

Ron Holzwarth 1 year, 8 months ago

I think a whole lot of poor people sweat when they count their money, wondering which of their bills they're going to be able to pay.

streetman 1 year, 8 months ago

The politician that the LJW really does a dis-service to with a poor picture is Paul Davis. He looks constipated -- really suffering.

ignati5 1 year, 7 months ago

I am the writer of the original letter. Ms. Bootsie has mistaken what was advanced as a "modest proposal" for a straight statement of principle. Yes, Brownback has demeaned the office, and egregiously so, but that is so evident it needs not elaboration. Kansas has had a series of rather lacklusterbut genuinely conservative governors, of both parties, and we musn't lose sight of that. We dodged bullets with the likes of Doc Brinkley and Gerald Winrod; some GOP's would even put Fred Hall in that category the second time around. This time, we did not. My hope is that he will not let running for a second term get in the way of his presidential primary campaign, and that he will go down there, the Herman Cain of 2016. BG

ignati5 1 year, 7 months ago

I am the writer of the original letter. Ms. Bootsie has mistaken what was advanced as a "modest proposal" for a straight statement of principle. Yes, Brownback has demeaned the office, and egregiously so, but that is so evident it needs not elaboration. Kansas has had a series of rather lacklusterbut genuinely conservative governors, of both parties, and we musn't lose sight of that. We dodged bullets with the likes of Doc Brinkley and Gerald Winrod; some GOP's would even put Fred Hall in that category the second time around. This time, we did not. My hope is that he will not get running for a second term to get in the way of his presidential primary campaign, and that he will go down there, the Herman Cain of 2016. BG

Commenting has been disabled for this item.