Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Blast levels building at Kansas City's Plaza

Comments

riverdrifter 1 year, 10 months ago

I liked that place too, but hadn't been there in a year. I hope everybody got out.

Richard Heckler 1 year, 10 months ago

A huge loss to that neighborhood..... quite a friendly ambiance.

An employee of 14 years said no customers were in at the time of the blast and of course was very lucky she and a colleague were able to get out..... very very scary.

The architecture of Seville, Spain will be missed.....such a beautiful structure. It also strikes me as the place that provided water bowls for passing pets.

Richard Heckler 1 year, 10 months ago

The contractor workers were asked about the gas leak problem about 1PM by folks from a nearby clinic.

Yet appropriate emergency personnel didn't appear to show up closer to 5PM or thereabouts.

Had the emergency responders known at the time that this leak had been in operation for several hours prior to their arrival I speculate this matter would have administered much differently.

Gas lines are damaged frequently and are handled accordingly without explosions and raging gas line fires. When were the emergency responders notified? Perhaps not soon enough.

I damaged a gas line at a meter while working once. I did notify emergency responders who arrived quickly and assured me that little danger was imminent. Nonetheless I was a bit nervous over the ordeal. What if I had waited for several hours? After this JJ's event I rather imagine the emergency responders would have had a different response to direct at me. Hmmmmm.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.