Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Hays hopes to use career in law, Air Force to help with run for Lawrence City Commission

Comments

Mass1999 1 year, 1 month ago

I think being an advocate for the majority is an excellent platform. Also as a taxpayer, I want someone to be concerned about funding essential services- especially those that deal with safety.

dozer 1 year, 1 month ago

I'm curious to know if the general counsel position Hays occupies is a political appointment from the Governor's Office. Most Kansas agency general council positions are political. Can the LJ world shed some light on that for us? I'd also like to know his rank when he left the Air Force. If he spent more than 4 years as a Captain, there is something in his background.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 1 year, 1 month ago

I'm not sure how much carry over there is from the neocon experiment in Iraq, wherein the entire social fabric of the country was ripped to shreds, and a new "democracy" was imposed by the American autocrats in the Green Zone. And given the total chaos that still pervades in most of that country, its level of success is quite questionable. That's not necessarily the fault of Mr. Hays, who was just there doing the job assigned to him, but it doesn't make a convincing campaign platform for the drudgery that dominates city commission business.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.