Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Opinion: Rush to the rescue?

Comments

jaywalker 1 year, 10 months ago

Mr. Pitts is scraping for subject matter today.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 1 year, 10 months ago

You could have just acknowledged that he is 100% right. Or said nothing at all.

appleaday 1 year, 10 months ago

Rush Limbaugh scrapes for subject matter every day.

UneasyRider 1 year, 10 months ago

Usually his material come from the sewer, that's why ditto-heads love him.

Cait McKnelly 1 year, 10 months ago

Why? Because Rush Limbaugh is such an easy target? To quote Karen Teegarden, the founder of UniteWomen.org, he's the best recruiting tool any women's organization could ever wish for.

jonas_opines 1 year, 10 months ago

Well, the topic is one thing, but I dunno, this seems like a long column to respond to something written by somebody who's brain is broken enough to consider Rush Limbaugh a "gentleman".

I suppose it's all right as a vehicle to reaching others, but it still seems like writing a three paragraph, well-thought out post to some of our resident wingers. In other words, a total waste of energy.

lunacydetector 1 year, 10 months ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

Always the victim.

The fun thing about persecution complexes: once you believe that you're being punished simply on account of your ideology, you no longer have to take any responsibility for the quality or flavor of your contributions.

Particularly when most of the complainers are actually 3 to 5 of the same people, now on their 10th to 20th username (minimum), and the original reasons for their bannings were clear and consistent violations of the various terms of service, frequently in egregious ways, over very long periods of time.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 1 year, 10 months ago

You've been here since 2004, with a consistently right-wing perspective. Do you suppose there's a difference in the way you comport yourself here and the way the revolving-door wingers who've had multiple identities comport themselves?

Mercat 1 year, 10 months ago

I'm always suspicious when a left wingnut quotes Rush. Does he have cites, dates, audio? Some of the statements attributed to Rush are out of context and some are downright lies. People like Pitts won't be happy until we only allowed to think and speak like him.

mom_of_three 1 year, 10 months ago

"People like Pitts won't be happy until we only allowed to think and speak like him. " Insert Limbaugh for Pitts and the statement will also be true for the rest of us.

tomatogrower 1 year, 10 months ago

Rush and sensitive just do not go together. Why do you think it's easy to believe these quotes with no proof that he said them?

I had a relative comment to me that the President was doing a disservice to the country by playing golf and entertaining a "womanizer." They believe Rush is a god instead of the blowhard he is. I responded with "so its okay that a serial cheater/divorcer support romney or run for the office himself." they are like rush, they just dont think before they think or speak.

Wayne James 1 year, 10 months ago

I certainly hope that by saying "the President" you were refering to the blowhard Mr Bush. The President that once stated that he didn't know where Osama Bin Laden was" and that he "didn't care". Mr Obama on the other hand, is NOT a womanizer. He is not liked by the majority on Capitol Hill because he is not. He prefers to be at home with his family rather thatn to go out and booze it with them. This President did, by staking his political carrer on his choice, make a decision based on the best intelligence available to him, to go after OBM without knowing 100% that he wopuld be in that compound last Spring. Fortunately, the next day he could proudly stand before the world and state that Bin Laden was deceased (fish food). Georgyporgy didn't want Bin Laden, he was after Hussein. This man had NOTHING to do with the bombing of the WTC in NYC. But countless servicemen gave ther all to kill this scumbag. To what end? More lives fighting another country's enemies. NOT ours! In Vietnam we were sent there to be "Advisors" to the S. Vietnamese army...yet Mr Johnson thought we needed to fight the war for them. Why? Perhaps to clear our overpopulated cities. Now we are on our way to the Moon and Mars so that we can overpopulate them.

Huh? President Obama played golf with Tiger Woods, whom my relative called a womanizer, just as I have written. I responded with the comment about Gingrich, who is a serial cheater and divorcer. They obviously hadn't thought before they spoke, and I would kindly recommend that you read my post again.

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

Phoghorn 1 year, 10 months ago

He certainly helped to rescue us against Memphis in 2008. Everybody remembers Chalmers and his 3, and Collins with his 3 to set up the 3, but Rush's layup in overtime has largely been forgotten.

Rush got himself wide open, received a pass, missed the layup, got his own rebound and put it back for two points. IIRC this gave KU a 4 point lead and gave us a great momentum boost.

Not to minimize the rest of that dream team, but Brandon came to the rescue at the perfect moment.

Phoghorn 1 year, 10 months ago

Thank you, sir. I like to break up the partisan bickering occasionally.

ddayot 1 year, 10 months ago

"Dear David from Georgia: I want to thank you for the email you sent last week. It made me laugh out loud." I guess we have to take Pitts' word he actually received this email. He wouldn't possibly contrive it for an easy column....

Commenting has been disabled for this item.