Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On City crews prepping early for Wednesday's expected snow storm

Comments

Patricia Davis 1 year, 1 month ago

Here's a thought: Deffenbaugh has announced it won't pick up Thursday's recycling. Our city's sanitation has asked that we put out trash tonight because they will be coming early tomorrow. Agree our trash guys are the best! Be safe and know we appreciate your hard work in difficult circumstances.

msezdsit 1 year, 2 months ago

I wonder if we will really get a storm or if it will just skirt us again. We have been pretty fortunate but as they say we could sure use the moisture.

Bob Forer 1 year, 2 months ago

There are two things which the city does quite well--picking up trash and clearing the streets after a major snow storm. It takes both good planning and hard work. Props to all involved for a job very well done.

grammaddy 1 year, 2 months ago

Got behind a salt truck this morning. By Wednesday, all that salt will be in the gutters.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 1 year, 2 months ago

I'm following the city's lead, and getting out ahead of the storm.

I just finished shoveling my sidewalks, and I'm glad I did, because it'd be much more difficult if I procrastinated until Thursday to do it.

catfishturkeyhunter 1 year, 2 months ago

Better have all the city owned and maintained sidewalks shoveled in 48 hours or else. That means all of the city parks, the Mass Street bridge, the nearly 2 mile stretch of Clinton Parkway side walk and other sidewalks not directly in front of privately owned buisnesses and homes. Better do it by hand too. When your done you can do the streets while your at it.

Currahee 1 year, 2 months ago

Thanks for your hard work to keep the streets safe. I want to ask though, why weren't the streets pretreated during the last storm we had that generated blizzard like conditions in December?

jhawkinsf 1 year, 2 months ago

I was certain we were going to get a major storm, until I read the city was already prepping the streets. Gotta hedge my bets now.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.