Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Letter: City costs

Comments

citizen1 1 year, 2 months ago

This is just another example of a city that thinks it can do anything it wants & tell us how we need to do things. This commission is shoving their recycling agenda on the citizens not allowing us to recycle based on what & the way we think is best. They say they support local businesses but here they drive them out of business.

This commission needs to be voted out. Just make sure you vote only for candidates that respect we citizens, and who are not willing to waste our tax dollars on questionable projects.

Stain 1 year, 2 months ago

I am sorry they ran the place at 11th & Haskell out of business. That was a great center and I loved taking my recycling there.

Richard Heckler 1 year, 2 months ago

One thing is certain. If Amyx and Chestnut return don't expect anything new or different.

We need 3 people to offset the two who are not leaving office as yet.

I'm ready to give Rost/Soden/Criqui an opportunity. These are the three that strike me as no close Chamber thinking connections. Yet still possess the capabilities to make practical decisions.

I believe Hamm's is no longer locally owned per se. Deffenbaugh was taken over by a group from Belgium..... perhaps own Hamm's as well???

Personally I am happy to keep employing Sunflower recycling.

FlintlockRifle 1 year, 2 months ago

Skinny, you have that correct, the little town of a few years ago, has grown into a city

skinny 1 year, 2 months ago

I think it is time we change our form of City Government as this is not working! We need people that know what they are doing and will do it with the tax payer’s limited monies in mind!

oneeye_wilbur 1 year, 2 months ago

I am upset that the commissioners do not allow us to make our own decisions about recycling. We do it with eating bar bq, we do it with haircuts, so why not with trash!

I a selling my metal aluminum and other things like old a/c's other scrap metal.

They wont make much on paper and plastic.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.