Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Opinion: KU makes it hard for recruit Julius Randle to say no

Comments

bosshogg24 1 year, 10 months ago

It won't be hard to say no, if you are going to Kentucky!

Brian Conrad 1 year, 10 months ago

you mean Kensucky... the team that will not make the NCAA ... the team destined to probation... the "uncoachable team" Guarantee Kansas will crush Kensucky.. and that is for the next decade. with Randle KU vaults to #1 class coming in and without a doubt players who play for Self get better. UK will be lucky to make the NIT.. couple bad years and you Kensucky fans will be screamin for Calagreasy to move on.. and he will leaving UK with violations to deal with , just like U Mass and Memphis.

UKSINCEBIRTH 1 year, 10 months ago

Im not sure which school Randle will choose b/c he has said very good things about them all. KU,Fla,NC State and UK but remember he is from Texas and the whooping KU put on his home states school just might make him want to go there to help Texas regain its top tier status which has been absent for a while. Then again there is my school UK which has the #1 recruiting class in 2013 and still has a shot at Wiggins,Randle and Gordon. It may be that with Noels injury he may just decide to come back to UK next year and then what chance would any other team have against that team especially if Cal gets 1 of the 3 aforementioned top 5 recruits this spring. I think Randle goes to Texas or Fla. but I guess he could choose some other team on his list but I wouldnt bet on it.

guess they do not have a paper in Kensucky so you and your sister/wife head over to chat.. uksincebirth , sounds like condition... face it Randle comes to Kansas , Wiggins goes to Florida State and Kensucky left with bunch of "uncoachables"

rcliv15 1 year, 10 months ago

After what cal said yesterday I don't know why anyone would chose to go there. Especially elite athletes. He needs to speak for himself when he decides to announce that some kids are just uncoachable. There are coaches out there who could have and would have done a better job with the talent he had. Or not have chosen to try and cram that much ego onto one court and then when it backfires, cop out with "some guys areare just uncoachable. Gimme a break, if it was easy anybody would be doing it.

johnrb 1 year, 10 months ago

Looks to me like Kansucks has a shot at Randle but then again Randle likes UK and the coaching staff as does his mother. Does he want to be a bird or a cat, a tough decision. Wiggins will probably end up at Florida State, a family thing. Gordon will end up out west somewhere if he skips UK. Either way, where ever Randle goes, he will be the icing on the cake. That's probably why these top players wait until the last possible day to commit, so they can command lots of attention and increase their stock.

most do not remember .. I do.. in 66 when KU had star Jo Jo White , 9 years after Wilt.. Kensucky still refused to recruit minority players. was sure fun watching Texas Western woop em.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pkqCi9IZMY and incredibly Kensucky was allowed to retain wins after point shaving and caught several times paying players.

In 1989, Kentucky basketball was found guilty of rampant recruiting and eligibility violations. The Wildcats were facing the possibility of a death penalty after being sanctioned in 1988 for failing to cooperate with an earlier investigation. In its final report, the NCAA said that Kentucky's violations were egregious enough to warrant a death penalty.
and guess what 2012 under investigtion again this is from your UK website.. Kentucky Basketball: How NCAA's Investigation of Nerlens Noel Hurts Cats . recruits should understand Kensucky and Calipari Will be caught and they will be shut out of future tournaments.. the NCAA is watching Calipari very closely after his last 2 schools were caught cheating...

The death penalty is the popular term for the National Collegiate Athletic Association's power to ban a school from competing in a sport for at least one year. It is the harshest penalty that an NCAA member school can receive.

It has been implemented only five times: 1.The University of Kentucky basketball program for the 1952–53 season.
3 PLAYERS WERE ARRESTED

Commenting has been disabled for this item.