Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Notebook: Jeff Withey says morale 'pretty low'

Comments

msezdsit 1 year, 10 months ago

Well folks, some things are broken with our beloved basketball team. No energy, no chemistry, and no solutions. Usually bill will fix this stuff but he had no solutions during the game. Can you say "trouble" is brewing in Lawrence. When you lose to TCU, it means any team put on the floor would beat you and that generally says you beat yourself. You gotta love Johnson, but he is really hurting us right now. I think it is safe to say that the team will not get through this till Johnson does. I think we are going to see what Elijah is made of real soon. I feel sorry for him because he is a super super kid and things are just not working out for him right now. Games at this time of the year are easily forgotten but this one won't be.

rgh 1 year, 10 months ago

Bill Self should definitely be calling you to be an assistant next year. You have all the answers to all the games.

3up3down 1 year, 10 months ago

Bottom line, EJ is not a point guard and it is showing. Thrusting him in that position is not fair to him. No natural point guard = no leadership. Ben needs to shed the poor underclassman stigma and take control and lead this team. The seniors are not ready to lead, that has been evident this year.

colreader 1 year, 10 months ago

TCU game replay today - Thurs - noon on ESPNU

jayhawkjohn71 1 year, 10 months ago

When you move a shooting guard to pt. guard what happens? A disaster is what happens!. The pt. guard is the glue to the offense and for the first time in the Self era we do not have one. Johnson is in way over his head with turnovers galore and missed shots galore. I feel sorry for him.

Kent Richardson 1 year, 10 months ago

I don't feel any better after reading the posts.

grammaddy 1 year, 10 months ago

Stay out of the bars and get in the gym. No more Sunday Funday until we win a few. Put 'em on lockdown Bill.

jonas_opines 1 year, 10 months ago

They are interns pursuing their chosen career.

My statement is much closer to the truth for many players at KU.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.