Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Opinion: Setback as bad as it gets

Comments

jukiehawk 1 year, 2 months ago

I can't remember a Jayhawk team ever looking that bad. I am 31 years old. I remember some big losses under Roy but there were to superior teams. I can't believe Travis Releford only took 1 shot the entire game. That is simply ridiculous. There is no way that should happen.

colreader 1 year, 2 months ago

TCU game replay today (Thurs) at noon CST on ESPNU.

lifelongKUfan 1 year, 2 months ago

Last night (and at times in the OSU game) it really looked like the guys were afraid to be in the game. Turning down open looks, unsure of what to do with the ball, panicking on defense... If they don't get their swagger back, they won't win another game.

Yogi 1 year, 2 months ago

I believe Coach Self is the best coach in America. Something is going on with this team and their chemistry. I think it might start with Johnson. Several games back his play began to really deteriorate and it's gotten worse each and every game. He is a senior that continues to make horrible mistakes. What's worse is that he doesn't seem to care. It's a cancer that has spread to the entire team. I don't know what the problem is but I'm concerned it may be far worse than any of us expect and it might be something HCBS is unable to deal with. I suspect there are some off the court issues with a couple of these players that is killing the team. I remember the thing about the 2008 team and most of the others Self has coached was that they all liked each other. I have not heard that said about this team and it concerns me. You can almost see it in the way the interact with each other. If it can be turned around I think Bill Self is the man to do it. But no matter what I will sure be happy to see a couple of these seniors move on at the end of the season.

Number_1_Grandma 1 year, 2 months ago

"It can’t possibly get worse than it was Wednesday night. Or could it?"

Only IF coach Self doesn't realize his short comings. After all, he puts the best 5 on the floor. Has he done this? Or is he being "loyal" to seniors?!

Now, is the time coach Self earns his millions as coach at KU. Now, is the time we see if the money was worth it or not...

Commenting has been disabled for this item.