Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Kansas attorney general files appeal of school funding ruling

Comments

Centerville 1 year, 2 months ago

I don't think the Chief Justice even got lunch out of the deal this time. Of course, his law firm will get at least at least $80 million, so there's that. .

autie 1 year, 2 months ago

Derek doesn't want to be Governor anymore than he wants to be the dog catcher. But wait and see what happens when grandpa Roberts gets put out to pasture...

Richard Heckler 1 year, 2 months ago

What rainy day fund of $55 million? Where is the money? The details were absent and left a false impression.

Want to see some serious reserve fund money check out city hall.

Republicans exhibit some unusual business thinking. They cut funding to an operation year after year after year then come telling US that the system isn't working so well....in their eyes.

Use that same approach in running a business sooner or later the business will not be doing well and may well be out of business. What republicans seem to lack is business savvy.

KSManimal 1 year, 2 months ago

Let me see if I understand this. 1) Legislature refuses its constitutional obligation to fund public schools; 2) legislature gets sued and loses; 3) legislature appeals to Supreme Court and loses; 4) supreme court orders legislature to meet its constitutional obligation; 5) legislature ignores Supreme Court and cuts education funding even further; 6) legislature gets sued again, and loses; 7) court orders legislature to DO WHAT THE SUPREME COURT TOLD THEM TO DO LAST TIME THEY APPEALED TO THE SUPREME COURT; 8) legislature appeals to Supreme Court AGAIN...."wahhhh, waaaahhh, tell these judges they can't tell us we have to do what YOU ordered us to do. Wwaaahhh, waaaah."

Gee, I wonder how this will turn out?

Number_1_Grandma 1 year, 2 months ago

Just goes to show why you can never trust a republican, attorney General or Governor, period.

Kansans, please don't waste your vote again on a worthless Attorney General and Governor! Kansas will never see another 150 yrs if you do...

lunacydetector 1 year, 2 months ago

the schools get enough of our freaking money, and of course, it's never enough.

Richard Heckler 1 year, 2 months ago

Stonewalling is detrimental to educating our children.

msezdsit 1 year, 2 months ago

cool our big a-- tough guy attorney general has declared war on our children. impressive. bullying is at an all time low in kansas. these thugs think they are setting an example for the country but they operate in their own little contaminated petry dish that the country is saying, we got a flu shot but is there anything we can take for this?

Commenting has been disabled for this item.