Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Letter: Climate priority

Comments

Les Blevins 1 year, 2 months ago

All I asked the city of Lawrence for is a letter of support. I never asked for nor proposed any financial support from the city. I nor the city of Lawrence is responsible for global warming and climate change but it behooves all of us to find a workable solution. The fact that Lawrence will not even write a simple letter of support for my R&D project is indicative that they must have "other obligations" with those that would not like it if the city provided even verbal support.

ThePilgrim 1 year, 2 months ago

Mr. Blevins, if you have patents for technology to fight climate change, then you (almost) completely discredit your editorial, and it becomes little more than a message of "don't spend money on a sports complex, spend it on me" (or my biz), which most of the posters on LJW would call at best self serving and at worst no better than "crony capitalism", regardless of the potential altruism involved.

Cant_have_it_both_ways 1 year, 2 months ago

Some people would be much better off if they just sucked it up and got a real job.

Jim Fisher 1 year, 2 months ago

The climate. 650,000 years ago this piece of dirt was covered by 300 feet of ice. The earth, she's a churnin'

Jim Fisher 1 year, 2 months ago

I wish I was a player too. I think I have some good ideas that could benefit humanity and make me a pile of money. All I need is a large infusion of somebody else's cash, like the rest of the players. It would help capitalize the front end of my projects and free up some risk. I won't share what my idea is just like Mr. Blevins, but trust me.

Nubrick 1 year, 2 months ago

To illiterate further, This is the best way to find out what is the best way to do what is not at all possible to do in the forefront, status quo, if it is not true or ready for a decision. Considering the just, is why it is not probable for these incidences in here. Conicidences do partake in realitve obscurity when noticed. Or not.

Fred_Mertz, the city is going to take taxes and obligate taxpayers, not me. All I'm trying to do is to get the city to offer another choice to local taxpaying voters before obligating them to the sports complex project for many years in the future.

Nubrick 1 year, 2 months ago

Stop the "dubious sports complex" in Lawrence Kansas and save the climate from changing?

Does anyone else in the nation know about this opportunity to stop climate change?

How about know outside the city limits?

How about know outside your basement?

I've obtained patents and developed a technology that fits with the US DOE's Biomass Program Mission and Goals and am currently seeking local, state or federal support for taking the project to the next level, however state support is problematic as I don't have any local support and federal support is problematic as I don't have any local or state support. I'm told by KU that they don't have faculty qualified to assist me either.

The mission of the DOE's Program is to: Develop and transform our renewable biomass resources into commercially viable, high-performance biofuels, bioproducts, and biopower through targeted research, development, demonstration, and deployment supported through public and private partnerships. The goal of the Program is to develop commercially viable biomass utilization technologies to: • Enable sustainable, nationwide production of advanced biofuels that are compatible with today’s transportation infrastructure and can displace a share of petroleum-derived fuels to reduce U.S. dependence on oil • Encourage the creation of a new domestic bioenergy industry supporting the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 goal of 36 billion gallons per year of renewable transportation fuels by 2022. Technology Portfolio The Program manages a diverse portfolio of technologies across the spectrum of applied RDD&D within the dynamic context of changing budgets and administrative priorities. The portfolio is organized to reflect the biomass-to-bioenergy supply chain—from the feedstock source to the end user (see Figure A). The Program has developed a coordinated framework for managing its portfolio based on systematically investigating, evaluating, and down-selecting the most promising opportunities i Last revised: November 2012 See full text at: http://www1.eere.energy.gov/biomass/pdfs/mypp_november_2012.pdf

Advanced Alternative Energy’s fuel conversion technology can be installed as depicted in schematics found on pages 160, 161, 162 and 163 in figures A-3 to A-6

ThePilgrim 1 year, 2 months ago

Climate change is not a moral issue.

rtwngr 1 year, 2 months ago

The next time something "occurs" to you, don't feel obligated to share it with the rest of us.

gphawk89 1 year, 2 months ago

"Better name recognition" and "better image" do not necessarily go hand-in-hand. Often just the opposite.

Water 1 year, 2 months ago

Les, Should you be approaching the US Patent Office, Venture Capitalists as can be found at Kickstart or appearing on Shark Tank? Maybe, so you can stop eschewing obfuscation, the LJW could interview you so we can experience this idea of yours? Is it a big air filter? Does it capture electricity from lighting bolts? Gold from straw? Can someone else fill me in?

weiser 1 year, 2 months ago

I'm sure China, India, and South Korea, etc, will close all of their industries right after they find out how great it is.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.