Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Letter: Center exists

Comments

Margaret Elberson 1 year, 10 months ago

I'll be coming over to check it out, for sure. As a lifelong resident here in this lovely town, I can say you have been 'dissed' quite well....

glad you set the record straight.

Hope others as well go and check you out as well.

best wishes, Margaret

Cindy Wallace 1 year, 10 months ago

.....and I do believe there is a HUGE concrete or stone etched sign on the Northeast Corner at the intersection of N. 2nd & Locust streets that states "Lawrence Visitor Center"?

George_Braziller 1 year, 10 months ago

I don't think Cathy was dissing the Lawrence Visitor Center. I think she was probably meaning that there also needs to be one downtown which makes sense. The one in North Lawrence gets traffic coming in off of 1-70, one downtown would serve people who are already there and traffic coming in on K-10.

Maybe a small downtown satellite with the Lawrence Visitor Center being the primary "official" visitor center.

DowntownDirector 1 year, 10 months ago

George is right. I was talking about a small satellite downtown - with a Downtown focus - that could point people to the main visitor center across the bridge, if need be. No diss intended, whatsoever, to the current visitor center or its staff. The idea came from a trip my husband and I took to the UK last year, where we utilized numerous visitors centers, all located in the centres of their respective cities/towns. We would arm ourselves with maps, shopping and pub recommendations and set off on foot to our first destination which was, often, right around the corner. Thanks.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.