Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Opinion: Christie could be contender in ’16

Comments

Armstrong 1 year, 7 months ago

Famous football quote " Just win baby "

yourworstnightmare 1 year, 7 months ago

Christie is far too liberal to win the GOP primary.

Plus, he's not insane, so he has no chance in national GOP politics.

jhawkinsf 1 year, 7 months ago

The Republicans were done after Goldwater. Equally done were the Democrats after Dukakis. The Republicans were done after Nixon/Ford. The Democrats were done after Carter. The Republicans were done after ... The Democrats were done after ...

jonas_opines 1 year, 7 months ago

"The republican party is done at the national level."

This makes me remember all of those posts in 2004 and again in 2010. "The Democratic Party is on the way out! Conservatism is finally taking control, as it should!"

It wasn't true when they said it. Its opposite is not true today.

And its your (and other's) inability to accept that that will partially ensure it.

tolawdjk 1 year, 7 months ago

"By 2015, the Republican nominating electorate will have forgotten Christie’s effusive praise of Obama’s post-Sandy solicitousness toward New Jersey."

Sorry, no they won't. Why? Because whomever Christie is running agasint will pull that out of the bag and try to use it against him. And the more mouth frothing members of the party will listen to it, because the hate of Obama will be stronger than the sanity of winning an election.

If he ran, I would definately consider voting for him. when the chips are down, the man appears to be able to push the bs aside and make a decision he honestly thinks is in the best interest of his constituents.

However, sanity in governemnt will not be achieved without some semblance of sanity returning to Congress, and specifically the House.

Thomas Bryce 1 year, 7 months ago

+1 on your opinion of Governor Christie. I am a Democrat and I have a lot of respect For him after watching how he has handled himself in tough situations. Have to wait and see who all runs before I decide who to vote for though. If it doesn't work out for him in the GOP, I would welcome him as a Fellow Democrat.He Is a fighter and he is willing to fight for what he believes in AND he takes care of his People.ALL of them

riverdrifter 1 year, 7 months ago

The reps will run Rand Paul out there in '16 and get trounced by whomever and he will be considered the Republican version of Cornwallis at Yorktown. These Republicans, they be veeeerrrry slow learners.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.