Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Does a candidate's age matter to you when voting?

Comments

James Minor 1 year, 3 months ago

Age is a factor in the President of the US. When they are close to middle 60's or older the stress and strain of the job is too much. Reagan was an example where age might have been a factor in the last few years of his presidency. I thought John McCain was too old and his VP candidate choice was an example of a poor decision.

rockchalk1977 1 year, 3 months ago

Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains. - Winston Churchill. Age matters.

Gandalf 1 year, 3 months ago

The founding fathers were absolutely concerned about age. That why they placed limits on th prresident and congress. They knew the human mind doesn't fully develope maturity until in the 30's.

KansasLiberal 1 year, 3 months ago

The age of a candidate SHOULD matter on both ends of the spectrum. Some people are too young to serve in office and some people are too old, but it all comes down to competence and you have to judge that on a case by case basis.

jhawkinsf 1 year, 3 months ago

I might be concerned about a candidate's lack of age. As in a 21 year old running for city commission in Topeka. If confronted with something like that, I wouldn't disqualify that candidate from consideration, but with a small body of work to scrutinize, I would look more closely at that body of work.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.