Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Are you in favor of building the National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility in Manhattan?

Comments

Gandalf 1 year, 3 months ago

I don't think Kansas can handle any science project. It goes against the bible.

1

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 3 months ago

"Your post does not make any sense. I get what you saying (well sort of) but it is just not that funny...."

I'm assuming it was a Breaking Bad reference.

http://breakingbadgif.tumblr.com/post/17257377146

0

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 3 months ago

"Put it on an island off the east coast (where the wind blows out to sea). "

Yeah, just like Superstorm Sandy did.

Build it.

2

oldbaldguy 1 year, 3 months ago

this will be a great premise for a movie.

0

Clara Westphal 1 year, 3 months ago

The authorities who want this lab claim it is 99% safe. What about the other 1%?

Putting an anthrax lab in the middle of cattle country doesn't sound like a good idea. It was on island in New York. They should keep it there.

0

BABBOY 1 year, 3 months ago

Build it.....

It will be built unless Brownwhack screws it up like he did with Boeing.....

2

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 3 months ago

"Jobs and science in Kansas, hell yes"- lab

Montgomery and Crawford counties currently are the biggest meth producing counties in Kansas...

Yeah, Science!

1

autie 1 year, 3 months ago

Maybe twenty or thirty years ago I would have been all for building it. But I just don't have the energy anymore, nor the arm strength. Age has worn me down. They will be better off to have a professional construction company do it.

Really...build it. It won't be anymore dangerous than a nuclear power plant in Burlington. I doubt if they make a tar paper shack out on the prarie.

3

ljwhirled 1 year, 3 months ago

I am against it because it is stupid to build a level 4 biosafety containment facility full of animal diseases in the middle of tornado alley.

Common sense. Put it on an island off the east coast (where the wind blows out to sea). Some place like Plumb Island would be good.

Don't think this couldn't happen here: http://cbsn.ws/ZX6qmb

2

JackMcKee 1 year, 3 months ago

To quote Will Smith, "ah HELL no"!

0

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 3 months ago

Agreed, Lab. I understand why some people are against this, but I can't believe that many people don't understand probabilities. That place will be safer than using the bathroom at Quik Trip. And QT has really clean restrooms.

2

labmonkey 1 year, 3 months ago

Jobs and science in Kansas, hell yes.

2

Commenting has been disabled for this item.