March 11, 2014 |
See complete forecast
Copy and paste the link:
Id rather it be spent on schools and education than a stupid athletic complex
I also wasn't happy that money was spent on the athletic complexes several years ago. At the time, I could see many problems with school building that I was working in that needed to be repaired and upgraded. The money in this bond issue is slated for upgrades to buildings and technology. As someone that continues to work in the school district, I believe that the improvements are important and very much needed. The passage of this bond will be a matter of trusting the current school board to allocate the money to the projects that have been listed and if it will effect taxes or not.
There is no guarantee that the money will be spent on building upgrades. We have been duped before. The board can promise anything but when they get the money they seem to forget what it was for.
This should have been on the November ballot.
Why am I not surprised - the same people who vote "Heck no, don't tax US to pay for OUR schools" are the ones screaming about the states responsibility to tax OTHER people to pay more for the schools.
Commenting has been disabled for this item.
Cosmos Indian Store & Cafe
· Roasted marinated meat of your choice or panner ...
Wayne & Larry's Sports Bar & Grill
· Your choice of crispy or grilled chicken breast ...
Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que
· $5 off a Feast for Two or $10 ...
Bird Dog Bar
1/2 price burgers!
Jayhawker signature taco dish, $7.95-$9.95
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Tuesday Lunch Special
· Slab-O-Palooza! $10.99 St. Louis Ribs All Day. (Dine ...
Two 10" pizzas with 2 toppings each
· plus 2 drinks. Everyday special: Slice/Salad/Drink, just $6.35
Jja Jang Myeon (Korean Black Bean Spaghetti)
· Pork, black bean purée, potatos, onions, carrots, with ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
Nacho pizza with a salad.
· From now through St. Patty's Day: Guinness Beef ...
23rd Street Brewery
Hazelnut encrusted goat cheese salad or Brewery chicken soft tacos
Wheat State Pizza
2 Medium Pizzas, each with 2-toppings, both just $14.99.
· Every day: Get a 10" 1-Topping Pizza and ...