Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you think 2013 will be a better year than 2012?

Comments

eotw33 1 year, 3 months ago

Such a generalized question. I'm going to assume were talking about football and say no way

Cait McKnelly 1 year, 3 months ago

For my immediate family, I think it will be better. For a good portion of the country as well. For Kansas? Not so much.

Cait McKnelly 1 year, 3 months ago

For my immediate family, I think it will be better. For a good portion of the country as well. For Kansas? Not so much.

Gandalf 1 year, 3 months ago

Optimists aren't right more often than pesimists. . . but they do have more fun!

profound 1 year, 3 months ago

Yes, my hole will soon be deep enough to live in.

Steven Gaudreau 1 year, 3 months ago

Obama won, its gonna be a great year!!! Obama is gonna fix everything. You haters wait and see, our savior is here for four more years.

thuja 1 year, 3 months ago

The sound of gunfire Off in the distance I'm getting used to it now....

tange 1 year, 3 months ago

I'd been thinking about foregoing the whole YouTube thang in 2013, but then I came across this...

/ "L" movies

autie 1 year, 3 months ago

We are going to have an asteroid strike? Damn it. I hate it when that happens. I better go to Cabelas tomorrow..it might be my last chance.

Corey Williams 1 year, 3 months ago

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

FlintHawk 1 year, 3 months ago

Better for whom? For me and my family? I hope so. For the 99% nationwide? It's possible, depending on how the fiscal cliff and budget issues are resolved. For Kansas children and families in poverty and/or in need of services? No way.

sierraclub 1 year, 3 months ago

Hope and change. I am hoping for change, but in the end, it will be no hope and I only have change left.

Smarmy_Schoolmarm 1 year, 3 months ago

I'll be kicking 2012 in the arse on its way out the door. It's been the roughest of my life.

Kirk Larson 1 year, 3 months ago

More of the same, i.e. things gradually getting better.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 3 months ago

Well, my body may hurt, but my spirit is good. Say, I had an epifanny the other day. Some of you may know that I have been pretty much strictly anti-breast feeding for reasons I am not going into here. I was at Walmart and there was a woman walking down the aisle holding her newborn slantwise across her body. Being cold they were both bundled up. At first I didn't realize what was going on and then I smiled at her, the whole thing was just so sweet. It was the first time I had ever saw it and I just did not realize.

I am now going to look up the fat,sugar,whatnot in crow as it appears it will be a staple from now on.

RoeDapple 1 year, 3 months ago

Depends on if that asteroid hits on Feb 15

number3of5 1 year, 3 months ago

The new year will be what you make it. Smile through the hardships, laugh at adversity, love like there is no tomorrow. To me every morning I can crawl out of bed is a good morning, I try to accomplish at least one thing each day even with the pain of everyday living. The pain is a constant companion and it lets me know I am still alive. So I will do what I can and not sweat what I can't...

Clara Westphal 1 year, 3 months ago

The outlook looks grim for my family.

kernal 1 year, 3 months ago

Guess I missed seeing this poll before this morning, since it's closed. Odd that comments only began today as well. Or, did LJW change their mind because all the votes were "No, I have little hope".

RoeDapple 1 year, 3 months ago

Castro always got a 100% vote of confidence . . .

g_rock 1 year, 3 months ago

Depends where we land on this cliff thing...

disappointed_regressive 1 year, 3 months ago

I'll get back with you on that after my annual physical in a couple of weeks.

Abdu Omar 1 year, 3 months ago

If all of you above have voted, why are there no statistics? 0% on everything at 7:25AM.

rockchalker52 1 year, 3 months ago

My boss got a nice new car for his year end bonus. He told me if I continue to work hard & keep up the good effort, that, next year, he could get an even nicer one.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.