Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you think the cost of a KU football win will decrease next year?

Comments

Antonym 1 year, 3 months ago

First, you have to assume they will win a game.

RoeDapple 1 year, 3 months ago

Ah! So now we CAN vote. Good.

BABBOY 1 year, 3 months ago

KU is basketball school and always will be. KU fans do not understand football and they do not understand that it takes time to build a program. They fire coaches before they can do the things they want to do. Firing Mangino was one of the dumbest decisions of all time in any sport.

No idea why they kept Terry Allen so long other than wanting to keep Roy Williams happy which is a poor rationale because they gave him five years when 3 or 4 would have been enough for what he did which was give the other Big 12 schools at extra non-conference game for the level of play he put on the field.

KU could have a good football team but they are too scared of pissing off the basketball coaches which would make sense if basketball was held in the same regard as football in most conferences. I get the basketball thing at KU because it is in the top five of all time basketball programs but that philosophy doe not apply in the today’s sports world.

Ya all need to commit to a coach and let him do his thing..

KiferGhost 1 year, 3 months ago

Who cares, no matter what, sports is a drag on the educational mission of a university. It is a shame universities use to be the place for scholars and now a business that uses sports as a lure to bring those who are a drag on the system to campus.

consumer1 1 year, 3 months ago

"It will decrease — there’s nowhere to go but up." Tell this to a dead horse.. Or tell a major corporation, they won't make money on a tax write off from a failed business.

autie 1 year, 3 months ago

Is this given (or can we assume for the sake of hypothetical nonsense) that all other fixed cost remain the same? Housing/food/untilities/salaries/helmets/tape/gatorade..?? In that sense I say that a ten win season would cost the same as a 12 loss season. Sans the unknown revenue wins generate in tickets and tshirts.

rockchalker52 1 year, 3 months ago

Yah, we goin' bowling next season! I hope it's someplace warm.

RoeDapple 1 year, 3 months ago

A survey where votes can't be made. Makes sense. Not.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.