Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you put out a bird feeder or try to feed the birds in the winter?

Comments

Mike Gerhardt 1 year, 3 months ago

Yes, but I put it only a foot off the ground. That way it is a bird feeder/cat feeder.

My_Life 1 year, 4 months ago

I fill the purple tires on my fences with cracked corn and milo. Sometimes sunflower seeds.

RoeDapple 1 year, 4 months ago

Mostly for the chickens. We need the eggs.

fancy80 1 year, 4 months ago

We have bird feeders and I put food out for squirrels and bunnies. I think we have a raccoon that is helping himself to our dog food. I also throw out old bread and apples. I try to keep water out too.

tange 1 year, 4 months ago

I apparently have been remiss, but disappointed_regressive has inspired me to make amends.

roadwarrior 1 year, 4 months ago

water is crucial right now. I have a much higher population due to providing water than I normally would. having several water sources of differnt depths has been important to them. So far there is plenty of food.

disappointed_regressive 1 year, 4 months ago

Yes, and everday is like a re-make of The Birds. They attack me and peck at my eyes. I installed a phone booth.

rockchalker52 1 year, 4 months ago

The crows flat out steal all of the suet cakes right out of our feeders.

Clara Westphal 1 year, 4 months ago

Cardinals, chick-a-dees, and sparrows do not migrate. We had several Cardinals at our birdfeeder all winter long.

It is expensive to keep a bird feeder full . I don't have a pet so the birds are my fun watch.

Squirrels are a definite problem.

George_Braziller 1 year, 4 months ago

I used to put out a bird feeder during the winter but the squirrels would either eat all the seed in a few hours or destroy the feeder to get to it. Now I just scatter seed on the ground.

Liberty275 1 year, 4 months ago

I thought the birds went south for the winter. We were going to in the spring, but if there are still birds around we might do it earlier.

3up3down 1 year, 4 months ago

I don't have enough tuppence to feed the birds. Besides, if you feed the birds, all you will have is fat birds. ---- Mary Poppins

geekin_topekan 1 year, 4 months ago

No but its always fun to sprinkle dog food around the neighbors yard at night.

Ken Lassman 1 year, 4 months ago

The birds at my feeder are voracious these days. Doesn't seem like there's much out there to eat.

Taking turns--at least sometimes

Taking turns--at least sometimes by Ken Lassman

autie 1 year, 4 months ago

Not so much right now...maybe later. We still have bugs about everyday. Not much stress.

grammaddy 1 year, 4 months ago

No bird feeder, but all stale bread and leftover popcorn gets scattered across the back yard for our outdoor friends.

LogicMan 1 year, 4 months ago

Water might be in great need these days.

Kirk Larson 1 year, 4 months ago

I put out a feeder to give my cats something to watch out the window.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.