Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you think global warming will soon become a serious problem?

Comments

Mike Ford 1 year, 3 months ago

global warming is armadilloes and tarantulas moving north into Kansas because it's warmer. My wife and I were near Pawhuska, Oklahoma last spring on HWY 99 and we saw a tarantula crossing the highway that was big enough I could see it from 75 feet away. Didn't they used to live in Texas, NM, and Arizona?

Beth Bird 1 year, 4 months ago

Will soon become? How about already is?

Gotland 1 year, 4 months ago

And global warming has been a blessing to the humans race the last 10-20 thousand years.

Gotland 1 year, 4 months ago

Only if greedy statist use it as an excuse to tax people to death.

Water 1 year, 4 months ago

My highest months electric bill this year was $85 for August. People paying $200-$250 electric bills for the same month were amazed. Those same people haven't done a thing to reduce their electricity usage. I've even offered to help. Those same people, complain about their paychecks. I don't get it.
People drive vehicles getting 15mpg and complain about their low wages. People complaining about low wages, bring three children into the world. Overweight thirtysomethings who mow their 1/3 acre with a riding mower, are distraught of not being able to lose weight.
I'm cool with passions running over good reasoning for a time but eventually....come on......

UltimateGrownup 1 year, 4 months ago

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2217286/Global-warming-stopped-16-years-ago-reveals-Met-Office-report-quietly-released--chart-prove-it.html British report shows global warming ended 16 years ago. Hysteria aside, the temperature goes up some years and down in others. No big deal. It's laughable that the sun is not taken into account in any of the models.

Liberty275 1 year, 4 months ago

Once again, I'll ask. Will someone that knows all about global warming tell me where I can see evidence within a 4 hour drive of Lawrence. I can photoshop away all the glaciers in the world and I can code with fudge factors to tell you it will be 95F in downtown Lawrence tomorrow,

melott 1 year, 4 months ago

Why would we want to vote in a stupidly worded poll? To vote yes means it is not a problem now. To vote no....

DUH.

kawrivercrow 1 year, 4 months ago

I am more concerned about deforestation and marine dead zones than global warming.

tange 1 year, 4 months ago

I'd vote, but it would just skew the results.

disappointed_regressive 1 year, 4 months ago

Al Gore and this theories are rock solid. He knew Obama blew the Denver debate due to the high altitude and his low oxygen levels. You can't make this stuff up!

ctrowbridge 1 year, 4 months ago

Hi all. Looks as if we had it expiring as soon as it went up. So sorry! You can vote now.

Caroline Trowbridge, Community Editor

justanotherface 1 year, 4 months ago

"Global warming" is nothing but a ponzy scheme. Check out the real numbers and see that we have not had an increase in global temperature in the last 15 years. Of course all the "projected temperatures" keep rising while the actual temperature has steadied off. Wake up!

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/12/14/the-real-ipcc-ar5-draft-bombshell-plus-a-poll/

tange 1 year, 4 months ago

Do you think verbal gleaning will soon become a serious problem?

/ oops, too late

verity 1 year, 4 months ago

I've never complained about a poll before for being stupid, but this one is seriously stupid.

But it's in vogue now to be stupid---and believe what one wants to believe rather than what scientific research points to, so I guess we're with the flow.

KS 1 year, 4 months ago

Post Dec. 21st, we won't care.

msezdsit 1 year, 4 months ago

Do you think global warming will soon become a serious problem?

Or do you think global warming is a problem. Well , YES to the second question and that pretty much makes the first one a stupid question.

melott 1 year, 4 months ago

Yet another stupidly worded poll with bogus software.

autie 1 year, 4 months ago

I have that same issue rockchalker The boys are a little jammed up.

rockchalker52 1 year, 4 months ago

The late Mr. Catfish of my nearly vanished pond thought it was a helluva problem.

disappointed_regressive 1 year, 4 months ago

Global warming alarmists are a serious problem, ie, your electric bill, gasoline and oil prices, pages of environmental regulations a mile high, etc etc......We have as much or more natural resources under our feet than any other nation, yet look at what we do....dump billions into "alternative" energy companies that fall like dominos and meanwhile put a damper on coal fired electricity and extracting natural gas.

grammaddy 1 year, 4 months ago

"Will become?" You're a little late.

Cait McKnelly 1 year, 4 months ago

A study by the Pentagon and the Center for Naval Analysis stated that the greatest threat to national security in the near future will not be WMDs in other countries but climate change.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/renee-parsons/climate-change-national-security_b_1929398.html
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/05/30/15-military-leaders-who-say-climate-change-is-a/184705

Keep sticking you head in the sand, people. It's coming and this is no "Chicken Little" proclamation.

scarlett 1 year, 4 months ago

Well I tried to vote. YES, global warming is a problem. It's already happening.

Abdu Omar 1 year, 4 months ago

What do they mean by "Will become a problem"? It IS a problem and these people who recognize it not are in trouble.

Gandalf 1 year, 4 months ago

Why would the LJW open a poll then close it before anyone could vote? Afraid of the results?

Commenting has been disabled for this item.