Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Did you have an Easy-Bake Oven when you were a child?

Comments

classclown 1 year, 4 months ago

No. My toys were gender appropriate. A person of the appropriate gender for one of those to which I am related had one though. She baked little cakes for me.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 4 months ago

I guess mine wasn't an Easy-Bake. It was a Suzy Homemaker.

My_Life 1 year, 4 months ago

I'm not sure whether to stick my head in the oven and bake it, or get baked and stick my head in the oven. Merry Xmas.

notorious_agenda 1 year, 4 months ago

With the end of the incandescent bulb creeping closer. Is the easy bake oven even relevant? Is owning an easy bake oven even a heuristic for understanding modern people? Nope it's not sorry journal world. Would you eat food cooked with a china made L.E.D. bulb? The incandescent bulb is going to be a thing of the past. The replacements contain chemicals that seep out of plastic or worse, mercury. The easy bake oven should have been left in the 80's

Kathy Getto 1 year, 4 months ago

I was too old to want one when they came out.

Bailey,

Your mother would not let you have an easy-bake oven because she realized she was not going to supervise you?

Bailey Perkins 1 year, 4 months ago

Always wanted one but here's why my mom kept it from happening:

http://www.ehow.com/list_6189383_fire-hazards-easy-bake-oven.html

Also, it's not real cooking. If you want a child to learn to cook, use something besides powder and water.

I grew up in Bea's Arcadia.
Easybake oven, though with my tool kit I disabled the heat lock that only let you open the door when it was cool, CreepyCrawlers, though the cooker failed, but nailing my mother's iron upside down to blocks of wood with plumbers strap and using the cotton setting solved that issue. I also had firearms training in school, however that was after my mother had already taught me the 5 rules. I also had my own sewing machine, which made my GI Joe clothes a little closer to professional, I just wish I had a serger back then.

Clara Westphal 1 year, 4 months ago

I didn't have an Easy Bake oven. My mother taught me how to cook real food for real people.

rockchalker52 1 year, 4 months ago

A lot of the older kids still have easy bakes except they call 'em bongs nowadays.

RoeDapple 1 year, 4 months ago

I had a Daisy Red Ryder 200 shot lever action BB gun.

beatrice 1 year, 4 months ago

Yep, and I had the Thing Maker (Creepy Crawlers), and eventually had access to my brother's wood burning kit. I never burned a hole in the carpet, but the hamsters were never relaxed ...(I kid about the little critters). I also learned how to cook, not just heat.

I strongly believe young people today should take home ec., and basic banking or personal finances. I also believe that young people who grow up in homes with firearms should have an opportunity to take firearm safety in school.

I also believe music and art should be taught along with the three Rs. Education isn't just about knowing how the read, write and do numbers.

Gandalf 1 year, 4 months ago

No, but I learned how to bake potatos, carrots, onions and rabbits under a campfire.

Pywacket 1 year, 4 months ago

I was more of a Creepy Crawlers girl.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.