Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Did you have an Easy-Bake Oven when you were a child?

Comments

Pywacket 1 year, 9 months ago

I was more of a Creepy Crawlers girl.

Astrunk 1 year, 9 months ago

I had one of those things as well. My spiders were the coolest.

beatrice 1 year, 9 months ago

Yep, and I had the Thing Maker (Creepy Crawlers), and eventually had access to my brother's wood burning kit. I never burned a hole in the carpet, but the hamsters were never relaxed ...(I kid about the little critters). I also learned how to cook, not just heat.

I strongly believe young people today should take home ec., and basic banking or personal finances. I also believe that young people who grow up in homes with firearms should have an opportunity to take firearm safety in school.

I also believe music and art should be taught along with the three Rs. Education isn't just about knowing how the read, write and do numbers.

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

I had a Daisy Red Ryder 200 shot lever action BB gun.

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

CLOSE!! Well, that and that when I discovered tools I wanted to disassemble everything. My toys, my sibling's toys, appliances, electric shavers . . . . trouble was, I never seemed to get them reassembled. At least not so they worked . . . .

rockchalker52 1 year, 9 months ago

A lot of the older kids still have easy bakes except they call 'em bongs nowadays.

Clara Westphal 1 year, 9 months ago

I didn't have an Easy Bake oven. My mother taught me how to cook real food for real people.

Bailey Perkins 1 year, 9 months ago

Always wanted one but here's why my mom kept it from happening:

http://www.ehow.com/list_6189383_fire-hazards-easy-bake-oven.html

Also, it's not real cooking. If you want a child to learn to cook, use something besides powder and water.

Kathy Getto 1 year, 9 months ago

I was too old to want one when they came out.

notorious_agenda 1 year, 9 months ago

With the end of the incandescent bulb creeping closer. Is the easy bake oven even relevant? Is owning an easy bake oven even a heuristic for understanding modern people? Nope it's not sorry journal world. Would you eat food cooked with a china made L.E.D. bulb? The incandescent bulb is going to be a thing of the past. The replacements contain chemicals that seep out of plastic or worse, mercury. The easy bake oven should have been left in the 80's

classclown 1 year, 9 months ago

No. My toys were gender appropriate. A person of the appropriate gender for one of those to which I am related had one though. She baked little cakes for me.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.