Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you think Kansas legislators should have supported the Topeka school district's attempt to secure a $40 million federal education grant?

Comments

Gandalf 1 year, 4 months ago

Every time I try to hit the like button, I get sent back to the logon page where it tells me I need a free account. :(

kippcolorado 1 year, 4 months ago

When are you people in Kansas gonna straighten this mess out? Eisenhower is spinning in his grave, and you let the Tea Party Republican Senators knife Kansan Bob Dole right in the back without even a comment. Did you think ole' Bob has sold out to the One World Government United Nations? Your state is really badly ruined by the Koch Brothers' Tea Party. Nobody wants to move there, live there, recreate there, or God forbid go to school there. To most everybody outside the state you're a bunch of illiterate jackasses. Little girls have Tea Parties, ok? How come there was no bitching about "Federal Control" when No Child Left Behind was pushed down by Bush & Cheney? God you people are ignorant and dumb!

Alyosha 1 year, 4 months ago

Since the grant would support a core function of Kansas government — arguably the most important core function — yes, they should have supported it.

pace 1 year, 4 months ago

We should quit blaming Brownback, we should address concerns to his overlords, Koch bros. Brownback is only dancing to their tune.

Evilsam is good for the state. Just ask him then check his record.

Turned down 32 million to set up healthcare exchanges. Sent 110 million in IT jobs to Texas. Managed to lose our aviation industry Does not want 40 million grant for Topeka school. Tried to destroy free speech for teens. Defunded the Arts in Kansas. Made Kansas into a bigger worldwide laughingstock (really not easy to do)! Dug a fiscal hole and now wants to balance the budget on the backs of the working class.

The list goes on, but my fingers are getting tired. All in two short years...evilsam, change you can believe in!

autie 1 year, 4 months ago

rc1977, have you read the grant to judge the benchmarks and outcomes? So then you don't know. What I know is 40 million more dollars that could have been infused into th Kansas economy with huge potential benefit for the kids in the school just got tossed out like so much garbage. Brownback seems to have a knack for micturating away resources that could be benefitting his constituency. I don't think they will forget that in '14.

rockchalk1977 1 year, 4 months ago

NO. Federal money equals federal control. I agree with Gov. Brownback on this one.

Evilsam and his minions are terrified of this grant. It just might prove schools are underfuned!

OonlyBonly 1 year, 4 months ago

"make fun of the liberals trying to help you" and we will because Liberals only want to help for control. Liberals know what is best for all, right? We do not have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem.

BABBOY 1 year, 4 months ago

I am wondering why any responsible legislator would turn down $40 million dollars for the kids schooling.....

Oh wait, their fearless leader Brownwhack turned down what was some 30 million on health care....

I am getting a little tired of the childish and self defeating defiance of the conservative party hurting the good of the state just because they would rather prove a meaningless point or stupid fight then do something to help the Country, the state, or people that need help.

Seriously, you conservatives just are lousy human beings when it comes to responsibility and trying to do what is right for humanity, the country, and the needy......

Waiving the flag does not justify your wrongs…

I realize this post is intellectually above most of you conservatives so read what your bible and watch the Fox Channel, and make fun of the liberals trying to help you, and then you dumb red necks will feel better……

tomatogrower 1 year, 4 months ago

Brownback and company want to destroy public schools. They have their for profit groups waiting in the wings. Want your kid to learn that the president is king, and the dynasty started with Reagan? There will be a school for that. Want your kid to learn that any religion other than Christian is evil? There will be a school for that. Want your kid to learn that whites are superior? There will be a school for that. Want your kid to think that babies come from the cabbage patch? There will be a school for that. Want poor kids to learn to accept their poverty as god's plan is to have really poor people who work for really rich people for little money, so the really rich people can get even more money, so just accept your fate and get into the soup line? There will be a school for that. Want your rich kid to not have to do any work to get a high school or college degree, because they don't need to work for a living anyway; they just need credentials? There will be a school for that. Just pony up your money. Oh, no money? Good, they can pay you even less, since you aren't educated. Keep voting for those tea party people.

grammaddy 1 year, 4 months ago

Can't think of anything better to spend the money on. The grant money is already there waiting for someone to claim it.

KS 1 year, 4 months ago

Just when will the spending stop? This must be another name for an "earmark".

Commenting has been disabled for this item.