Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you make Christmas cookies?

Comments

3up3down 2 years ago

My wife has a client that bakes Christmas cookies. She brings a heaping plate full of unusual tasty cookies to her every year and my waist line is proof they are really good.

Clara Westphal 2 years ago

So only Christians eat cookies? Haven't heard that one before.

I bet you don't turn down Christmas presents or Christmas bonuses.

Cait McKnelly 2 years ago

I will be making Christmas cookies this year but it won't be the way it used to be. :(
I have four children and for many years, after they became adults, we gathered at the home of the eldest a week or so before Christmas, pooled our ingredients and made huge batches of cookies, candies and quick breads together. The younger kids/grandkids would make a gingerbread house kit while we older ones would bake for 10 hours straight. We'd make 5-6 dozen each of about 10 different kinds of cookies and beds, tables, the mantle piece and every other available space would be used for cooling cookies. I (being the matriarch) and my daughter would assign tasks and direct traffic. After everything was done we would bring out our various containers, bags and tins and split it all up.
I moved right after Christmas last year. I will only be there in spirit this year but it's time for my eldest to start stepping into my shoes and assuming some of those matriarchal duties. I feel like I've trained her well to carry on for me.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.