April 23, 2014 |
63° Mostly Cloudy
See complete forecast
Copy and paste the link:
Where is the option for "I can barely take care of myself"?
I give to the Salvation Army all year around, and usually buy a couple bags of groceries for the Harvester's bucket around Christmas.
People in need are not a seasonal thing. If I know someone in a jam, I will always help if I can, and I am also sure that I'm not being taken advantage of.
I have a problem in that I have been taken advantage of in a bigtime way by a couple people in the relatively recent past. So, I need to stop and think, and decide if I can really afford to help someone financially.
One signal that you might be being taken advantage of is that when, after helping someone with one major money problem issue, they immediately think of another. And, I refuse to help anyone that is not at putting forth at least a little bit of effort into solving their own problems. I cannot solve people's problems for them, they need to do some work on that themselves.
I have so many problems of my own that I need to be careful to not take on too many others as well. But, if it's a problem that can be worked on by talking about it, I'm always going to be there for someone, and I think everyone should never be too busy to listen to someone else's problems.
As usual, a horrible poll. I donate money and time year round to many different organizations!
Commenting has been disabled for this item.
Jja Jang Myeon (Korean Black Bean Spaghetti)
· Pork, black bean purée, potatos, onions, carrots, with ...
Wayne & Larry's Sports Bar & Grill
Pulled Pork Sandwich
· Premium pulled pork stacked on a Kaiser bun, ...
Bird Dog Bar
Chef’s choice lunch special, $7.95-$9.95
· All Bird Dog specials are prepared from fresh ...
Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que
99¢ kids meals with purchase of an adult entrée
· Kids 10 and under can choose from the ...
Wheat State Pizza
X-Large 5-topping or specialty pizza.
· Every day: get a 10" 1-Topping Pizza and ...
Five Dollar Burger Baskets!
· Any of our famous burgers - get here ...
Cosmos Indian Store & Cafe
· Delectable combination of rice and Indian herbs/spices cooked ...
· Small 1-topping pizza, $3.75. Medium 1-topping pizza, $5.75. ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
40¢ Bites & 50¢ Wings All Day Long!
· Our menu is almost entirely gluten-free!
Jayhawker signature pasta, $7.95-$9.95
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
23rd Street Brewery
Thai chicken salad or blanken burger