Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Gov. Brownback is urging Kansans to lose weight. Do you plan on dropping some pounds in 2013?

Comments

RoeDapple 1 year, 9 months ago

Sure, I'll take some of that free government money! Where do I sign up?

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 9 months ago

LOL I think I got it! I am adding pounds, not dropping them. I am now up to using the ten pound weights which means, I think, that if I can hold out one of these at arms length, steady, I can hold out a hand gun and shoot like Little Miss Sure Shot. What does all this have to do with anything? I do not have the answer at this time.

I dropped 112 pounds of lead ingots yesterday in 3 hours. Another 200 should have me caught up.

That's okay BABBOY, most folks don't know what I'm talkinbout. Including me.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 1 year, 9 months ago

I plan on dropping Brownback AND Kobach at the earliest opportunity,

chimein27 1 year, 9 months ago

I agree, let's drop some dead weight at the state office. He cares so little for the arts, our health, and the environment in Kansas, yet suddenly he cares about our weight. Losing weight is a great thing but don't do it for this guy, do it for yourself and your family.

rockchalker52 1 year, 9 months ago

My friend, Gus, tells me his 12 oz curl reps are through the roof ever since the bartender down at the tavern offered to act as his personal trainer.

CW is correct. Best laid plans...but hope springs eternal!

Glenn Reed 1 year, 9 months ago

I'm so conflicted....

I thought being mindful of obesity was a bad thing when the democrats are talking...

and now...

it's not???

In_God_we_trust 1 year, 9 months ago

Perhaps Gov. Brownback could set an example concerning excess government expenditures to Colleges, and put them on a diet. Colleges have become obese and have engaged in kingdom building instead of efficiency.

3up3down 1 year, 9 months ago

I willing to drop the weight if he is willing to resign!!!

Bailey Perkins 1 year, 9 months ago

It's called eating healthy. For those not familiar with such an idea, it means eating more vegetables, fruits...aka natural foods....and actually preparing your OWN meals. Instead of relying on restaurants and take-out, learn to cook.

Do I know this will in fact work? Why of course! In the span of only 3-months I lost nearly 20 lbs just by switching to a vegetarian diet.

It really isn't that difficult. Only problem is most American's are too lazy to take proper care of their health.

gphawk89 1 year, 9 months ago

Yup. I've dropped nearly 20 in the past two months with NO increase in exercise. I just cut out certain foods and generally eat a lot less now (granted, I was eating like a pig before I started). The hunger was pretty miserable for the first couple of weeks but then I guess my body got used to it. To answer the poll question, yes, I plan to drop another 20 or so in 2013.

Liberty275 1 year, 9 months ago

I didn't let my mother tall me how much I should weigh and I certainly won't defer to random nobodies like Sam Brownback or Michelle Obama.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.