Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Will you miss Milton's?

Comments

GUMnNUTS 2 years, 1 month ago

This poll needs another option.

No because the food and service were mediocre.

Cait McKnelly 2 years, 1 month ago

I quit going to Milton's entirely the day I took my son there for breakfast. The scrambled eggs were cold and rubbery and the toast was so hard it was inedible. It would have seriously broken a tooth.
We abandoned Milton's and started going to Wheatfields and Aimee's.

tomatogrower 2 years, 1 month ago

I know what you mean. It seemed that a lot of people ate there, because it was the place to be seen. I was told once that they didn't like Aimee's because it wasn't as classy. Didn't matter that the food is twice as good and for a better price. And Wheatfields bread! Yum.

classclown 2 years, 1 month ago

Why can't the choices simply be "Yes" or "No"? Don't offer us any reason to pick one or the other, just let us pick for our own reasons and offer our explanations in the comment field.

For the record, I won't miss it at all.

classclown 2 years, 1 month ago

How a newspaper not being run by temps would present this poll.

Will you miss Milton's?

or see results without voting.

jhawkinsf 2 years, 1 month ago

Liked it and will miss it. But loved it?

moveforward 2 years, 1 month ago

wow... why so many haters in this little town?

HutchSaltHawk 2 years, 1 month ago

Food was not consistent - sometimes it was good and other times it was terrible. Once complained to the host and he got really pissy. Same host asked me once to leave because I had been seated longer than my allotted time. Happy to see the place go. The Eldridge has much better food for the same price, and the service was much better.

jafs 2 years, 1 month ago

Milton's was ok.

A bit overpriced for what you got, it seemed to me, and spotty with both food and service.

kappyblu 2 years, 1 month ago

Not even a little bit. Service was horrible.

JackMcKee 2 years, 1 month ago

Bad poll. How could I miss a place I never went to? Mirth is much better. Heck I'd rather eat at IHOP.

JackMcKee 2 years, 1 month ago

How about David's ambivalent gaze? It was almost like YOU were the breakfast being served up.

bearded_gnome 2 years, 1 month ago

poorly formed poll: I chose "not sure" because was closest. "no, too crowded was not right!

if had said simply "no" I'd have chosen that.

or most accurately: "no, I didn't like the snooty attitude and the menu so I avoided it" that would've been accurate. thanks.

rockchalker52 2 years, 1 month ago

Milton is the author of 'Paradise Lost?' I thought that was an entirely different restaurant closing.

Tony Kisner 2 years, 1 month ago

Yogi Berra, - No one goes there anymore, it got to crowded.

Mantis_Tobaggon 2 years, 1 month ago

Milton's always rubbed me the wrong way. They had some of the snootiest servers in town, yet the food was incredibly average for what you were charged.

melott 2 years ago

No doubt this poll was designed by a J-school graduate.

KiferGhost 2 years ago

Why a poll about a restaurant that wasn't really that exciting, just where the sheep gathered. Why wasn't there a poll on whether we would miss the Yellow House?

Commenting has been disabled for this item.