Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Now that the presidential race is over, what are you looking forward to most?

Comments

beatrice 1 year, 5 months ago

Rubbing it in?

After years of reading hateful statements and nonsense predictions about how Obama was going to creamed and never re-elected, I look forward to telling a few people that they were wrong. A few of the worst offenders, of course, are disappointed conservatives who are off moping and are, for the first time in years, suddenly no longer posting on a daily basis.

That is okay. I can wait.

JJE007 1 year, 5 months ago

dental work...ahhh... much better than political nonsense...

booyalab 1 year, 5 months ago

taxageddon

Oh I'm also looking forward to getting social security in 40 years. I thought that it was going to run out for my generation, but a deceptively in-the-know coworker said that I was mistaken..they're actually going to be able to "rearrange" the money. What a relief!

classclown 1 year, 5 months ago

Someone sure seems to be testy. The ole man must be out alley catting again.

classclown 1 year, 5 months ago

The week of quiet we get to enjoy before the next presidential race begins.

Cait McKnelly 1 year, 5 months ago

The 2014 Midterms and getting Mitch McConnell the hell out of Washington. (Believe it or not, Ashley Judd is being courted to go up against him. And don't discount her as some "empty headed actress". The woman has a Masters Degree in Public Policy from Harvard, which is a ton more than what Ronnie Reagan and the "Ahnuld" had.)

labmonkey 1 year, 5 months ago

The day when they free the blogs!!!

oneflewover 1 year, 5 months ago

Winter holidays? Come on.... Christmas

riverdrifter 1 year, 5 months ago

Time for a Rhonda/Khathty throw-down.

rockchalker52 1 year, 5 months ago

Khathy takin' a Hhard Lhine these dhays. I try to stay on her ghood side. jury's out.

Ronda Miller 1 year, 5 months ago

Ka ka Khathy learning how I spell my name.

Liberty275 1 year, 5 months ago

"what are you looking forward to most?"

It's a tossup, Either a colonoscopy or getting an AARP discount card.

autie 1 year, 5 months ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

Shane Garrett 1 year, 5 months ago

Looking forward to each and every Kansas State Football Game. And of course every basketball game played by The University of Kansas.

kernal 1 year, 5 months ago

I was going to say American getting its sanity back, but then Yeoman2 had to go and bring up Rush Limblather and bring me back to reality.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 1 year, 5 months ago

I am really enjouing reading what Rush Limbaugh has to say in his demented spin on what went wrong in the election and his never ending blather on what the "regime" is doing.

Actually, old "puss bimbo" ought to be happy that the president won the election, if Romney had won, well, who would he savage, attack, slam, bash and generally make invented notions about?? Does Romney have a birth certificate?? Is it real? Rush should look into this!!

Who (outside of Missouri) would buy his dittocrap?? The "demonrat" victory gives him "4 more years" of creating vile rehetoric and blather to insert in between his commercials for t-shirts, coffee mugs and "newsletters".

I also am looking forward to seeing how Brownbackwards will wiggle out of his responsibilities to the state of Kansas in regard to the Affordable Care Act (formerly known as "Obamacare")

Who among us does not enjoy the blatherings and inverted logic of the owner of this newsrag, Sir Dolphus!!

Kathy Getto 1 year, 5 months ago

No more political reader blogs, be it the unreasonable mucous or rha rha rhonda.

sunny 1 year, 5 months ago

Free health care, free cell phone, free rent, food stamps, hair extensions etc...

bd 1 year, 5 months ago

the end of another 4 year reign of King Obama

OonlyBonly 1 year, 5 months ago

2016 if we get past 20 12 2012. LOL

autie 1 year, 5 months ago

Kevin's new user name..I choked on that one vertigo. All Hail Arminius!

I'm with Roe, anxiously awaiting December 21st.

sierraclub 1 year, 5 months ago

Higher taxes. More unemployment. $6,000,000,000,000 more on the national debt. Higher gas prices. New $30,000,000 police station. $25,000,000 rec center. $18,000,000 new library. But, hey we got gay marriage, marijuana, and equality in more states!

jhawkinsf 1 year, 5 months ago

K.U. Basketball. I begin looking forward to the next season the minute the previous season ends.

rockchalker52 1 year, 5 months ago

Pancakes!

Just saw a TV ad that said I'd flip for their pancakes. They said they 'flip 'em all flippin' day long.' For real, that is what they said.

Now, I'm gonna hear that voice every time I read one of babboy's posts.

Don Varnau 1 year, 5 months ago

TV, free of Missouri political ads.

BABBOY 1 year, 5 months ago

I would have to say spring. Last winter was an exception because it was nice and warm, but I am no fan of winter.

(By the way, what sorry folks put down Lawrence municipal elections as their pick? Maybe they were kidding)

grammaddy 1 year, 5 months ago

The next 4 years. And waiting to see who's running in 2016; the Castro twins? Corey Booker? Elizabeth Warren?Will Gabby recover enough for a return to politics??

riverdrifter 1 year, 5 months ago

Pheasant season. Then, Thanksgiving with family and after that, a long winter of KU basketball. I think they'll be good by spring.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.