Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Will you buy a set of the library's banned books trading cards?

Comments

tomatogrower 1 year, 6 months ago

I have a whole set now, but would pay for a fundraiser event where the artists came and signed the cards.

SusieBLibrarian 1 year, 6 months ago

Susan Brown, LPL Marketing Director, here. Wanted to let Lawrence folks know that they can buy full sets at the Reference Desk starting Monday! We have given away 350 at the library and 100 at the Arts Center. After a great deal of national attention (thanks in part to LJW coverage), we worked out an agreement with the artists for a second printing that we would sell, with proceeds going to artists and the library. Folks outside Larry can order them through our website, and if you are a Larry resident, you can stop buy and pick up a set for $7 starting on Monday! Thanks to the amazing artists of Lawrence for making the 30th annual Banned Books Week a great one!

Paul R Getto 1 year, 6 months ago

Shouldn't be too long before the GOV helps out and fixes this too.

tomatogrower 1 year, 6 months ago

I've been going to the library everyday and picking them up free. Great art work. I thought it was funny that 1984 was banned for being pro communist. Did they even read the book? It's kind of like the Christians who protested outside the movie theater years ago when Jesus Christ Superstar came out. They had never even seen the movie.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.