Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you think a digital divide exists in Lawrence?

Comments

classclown 1 year, 7 months ago

Did_I_say_that

Would the fact that many are using the computers at the library kind of negate the divide? To use a computer at the library does not necessarily mean you are divided; just not an owner of a computer. Much like someone who rides the T or uses taxis have transportation without the cost of owning a car.

September 4, 2012 at 4:14 p.m

===========================================

That depends. Are they regulated to insure that as many people as possible are given a chance to use them as needed? Or does Henderson's brigade park themselves at the computers all day depriving others of their use?

Mollie New Leaf 1 year, 7 months ago

No idea what a digital divide is..

jhawkinsf 1 year, 7 months ago

The digital divide exists, though I suspect it is far more prevalent between the old and young than between the rich and poor. I know. The divide between what I tell my computer to do and what I want it to do is wide and deep.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 7 months ago

I thought the question was about those who have computers and the Internet and those who don't. When I go to the library I notice that every computer has someone sitting there. So, yes, there is a divide.

foggydew 1 year, 7 months ago

Not just "yes," but God, yes. Lots of folks in the county are left with no options but Hughesnet. Better than dial-up, but NOT adequate.

rockchalker52 1 year, 7 months ago

I don't use 'em for dividing, only for adding & if I use 'em all, plus a certain other appendage, I's can counts one numbers highers than the missus.

CWGOKU 1 year, 7 months ago

Yes, and it is El Nino's fault

BABBOY 1 year, 7 months ago

Wow, somebody tell this guy he is not the only KU fan in Lawerence.....

RoeDapple 1 year, 7 months ago

I see a lot of single digits in my rear view mirror

Commenting has been disabled for this item.