Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you think the original rules of basketball should be preserved in a new student center on campus?

Comments

blindrabbit 1 year, 7 months ago

blue73harley: Think you are right; the Big 12 regardless of it's member make-up is a football conference. KU is the only school in the league that is sooo hyped on basketball. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy BB, but not at the expense of football as it has hisorically been at KU. Been attending both BB and FB games since 1951 and went to the opening of Allen in 1954.

James Minor 1 year, 7 months ago

I have heard of an unknown place on campus called the "Spencer Museum of Art". Supposedly, it is secure and a place for everyone to see art, crafts, artifacts, and maybe memorabila of an historical nature. Hmmm!!! Did anyone think about putting the Naismith rules there?????

blue73harley 1 year, 7 months ago

They should be burned. Nobody likes basketball, nobody....

LWbored 1 year, 7 months ago

Create a little museum in an existing building, and charge people money to see the damn thing. Done.

rockchalker52 1 year, 7 months ago

First, they must be hermetically sealed in envelopes & placed in a #2 mayonnaise jar to be kept under Funk & Wagnall's porch until noon...

consumer1 1 year, 7 months ago

canusay, folk roun heyah believe the field house is part of da reason the hawks is so goot. It be da home a da phog.

canusayduh 1 year, 7 months ago

How about you build another Allen Fieldhouse, that is actually modern and comfortable, and then put it there?

Just to build a building is short sighted. We have too much of that as it is. With any building there are more cost than just brick and mortar.

I think they should be preserved, but not put on public display, too many liabilities and chances of theft or loss. They should display a nicely done copy. The problem as I see it is, if they build a new building payed for by donor's. That is all well and fine. BUT!!! Who is going to pay the staff, the bills, the maintenance, to run the building for the next 50 years? Then any remodelling, improvements etc? Kansas taxpayers. If the athletic dept. is going to foot the entire bill of the above mentioned maintenance and agree to never ask the taxpayer to pony up. Then go for it.

billbodiggens 1 year, 7 months ago

My my, Babboy. . . Aren't you special? Proud of that car, are you? Well, good for you.

KansasLiberal 1 year, 7 months ago

Shouldn't they be in Allen Fieldhouse? That makes the most sense to me.

jhawkinsf 1 year, 7 months ago

It depends upon who is paying for it.

KS 1 year, 7 months ago

The original rules should be preserved, but to build a new building is a waste of money. Who's minding the store over there anyway?

Commenting has been disabled for this item.