Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Pallbearers carry Kansas’ casket from Plymouth Congregational Church to South Park on Saturday.

• Print
  • Favorite
  • 6 comments

Comments

EveryMan 1 year, 6 months ago

Pathetic, truly pathetic. Wonder if Plymouth Congregational Church had any trouble with their tax exempt status....naah, they're not tea party; conservative or pro-Israel. Oh well, maybe MoveOn will do just that and leave the rest of us alone.

tomatogrower 1 year, 6 months ago

They didn't apply like the political groups, it's different. They are a church, and while I'm all for ending tax exempt status for all churches, why weren't you complaining when all these evangelical churches endorsed right wing candidates?

Liberty275 1 year, 6 months ago

Churches can say most anything as long as they don't endorse or oppose candidates. It's Lawrence. We have enough leftists here that some of them haven't figured out there are no gods. It looks weird, but it's nice to see people exercising their right to be wrong.

In_God_we_trust 1 year, 5 months ago

Isaiah 44:6 This says the Lord, the King of Israel, and His redeemer the Lord (master) of hosts (Angels); I am the first and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

hedshrinker 1 year, 6 months ago

there are many policies that probably wouldn't raise yr ire about involvement by clergy as much on the other side of the political fence: anti-abortion protests for example. Social justice issues have long been a cause for which people of faith have been concerned.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.