Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Ugly Sweater Run

Comments

buckjennings 2 years ago

And I thought the "Color Run" was stupid.

appleaday 2 years ago

It was a fun event to raise money for a charity. Are you wearing a Scrooge costume?

PhilChiles 2 years ago

There's a certain kind of person who would never be caught dead at an event like this. And I try to avoid those people.

KiferGhost 2 years ago

2500 runners and 1000 toys. Hmmmm. Apparently the organizers didn't contribute to a cause at all. Lawrence must have a greater percentage of sheep in order to make it profitable in the only town smaller than 100,000 people.

James Minor 2 years ago

A thousand toys were collected at the run for Toys for Tots. Are you saying they won't give the toys to the children? If so, then you are wrong!!!

JMACK27 2 years ago

stupid... fun... same thing but still a good time!

Tgill 2 years ago

My son in law makes me proud The one in the green and red tutu

Mike Edson 2 years ago

It was fun to watch all of the participants getting ready for the run. Couldn't find parking anywhere. How do the mustaches play in to wearing an ugly sweater?

KiferGhost 2 years ago

Good points buck. Why do the professional jw posters spend so much time trying to analyze who other posters are rather than addressing the comments made?

Rae Hudspeth 2 years ago

Mustaches have to do with Movember, where participants grow a mustache and get sponsors to raise money for charity?

IBike100 2 years ago

The website for the Ugly Sweater Run makes no mention of raising money for charity. They are only asking that participants bring a toy to be donated to Toys For Tots. Did ANY of the proceeds go to charity?

KiferGhost 2 years ago

Excellent question, I didn't find anything about charity donations either. How much money do the organizers make on these things and do they reimburse the city and county for their expenses?

KiferGhost 2 years ago

Is it legal to drink in public spaces, in this case on the roads?

JMACK27 2 years ago

who cares if it's legal.. it was a great time.

KiferGhost 2 years ago

Pedestrians exiting a bus walks in the street and is plowed over by a car the pedestrian gets a ticket because the person in the car no longer has to drive with caution but the Lawrence sheep paying to have fun want to violate the law that is ok because gosh darn it, it is another marketing gimmick used by Lawrence to try and look active it is fine. Same mentality explains why Lawrence goes no where fast, all about image with little substance.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.