Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Walk like a zombie

Comments

Steven Gaudreau 2 years, 2 months ago

How big was the turn out this year? I love this event but could not go this year. Last year my son participated. It was hysterical and crazy. Some people really go all out like the guy in grey in the pics above. Hope it was as big or bigger then last yr. This one of the few downtown events that makes Lawrence a fun place to live.

chootspa 2 years, 2 months ago

What I heard was that there were 1100 participants this year, which is up from last year, in spite of the rain. But the hair dressing place had their donation jar stolen, and there were still some T-shirts left, so I don't know how well the fund raising did.

But like I said, that's just what I heard, so I'd wait for official word to confirm any of that.

Edit... confirmed. From Facebook:

Attendance was excellent, we set a new record at over 1100 walkers! We still have shirts left and I'd like to get more sold before we split the money between the charities, so if anyone wants one of the zombie walk shirts message me on FB or email lawrencezombiewalk@gmail.com and we can make arrangements. On the down side, someone stole the tip jar from the B Street Design makeup booth by the gazebo, if anyone has information about that let me know, that money was going straight to the charities.

https://www.facebook.com/events/231593710237932/

Ronnie24 2 years, 2 months ago

This looks like so much fun! I do hope they have it again next year, I would love to do it, and help the Humane Society at the same time.

ForThePeople 2 years, 2 months ago

The count on their facebook page was 1,100 this year. Last year it was 850. The crowd was awesome as were the costumes. Wish the LJW would put up a bigger gallery. The photos they have here are hardly representative of the efforts so many people put into creating some really gory effects. It was a blast! Thanks to the organizers, and sponsors for keeping this event going and growing.

Mike Yoder 2 years, 2 months ago

I've added some more pics. Part of the problem is I'm often spending a certain period of time with one subject to get the best shot and then also to get their name and info. It can make it harder to get dozens of good shots. Plus, after you've seen one dead zombie, you've pretty much seen them all, right?

bdminer 2 years, 2 months ago

Thank you! That means a lot to me coming from a pro pj.

Babylon 2 years, 2 months ago

Obeying traffic lights and you call yourselves Zombies!!!

MelissaRM 2 years, 2 months ago

This looks like so much fun! Just from the pictures shown in this article Clay Westerlund is so dang scary looking - great job zombifying yourself for this event! You should try out for the Walking Dead as an extra!

somedude20 2 years, 2 months ago

Was great fun like always! Some of those cats really go out of their way with the makeup and looked great! As an added bonus, there was some good zombie cleavage to be had! Bummer about the jagaloon(s) who stole the tip jar and the few zombies that I saw pounding on and leaving bloody stains on businesses windows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zVVbUcFv7s&feature=player_embedded

beatrice 2 years, 2 months ago

It looks like that around this website every day!

Commenting has been disabled for this item.