Discussions

Reader comments

On What's one environmentally friendly thing you think everyone should do?

Comments

Jerome Bradley 1 year, 7 months ago

Sustainable gardening using permaculture techniques.

Louis Kannen 1 year, 7 months ago

When I'm hiking, skiing, fishing, I always make it a point to "carry out" trash/litter as possible. If each of us does the same, it's truly amazing what a huge difference it can make.

April Baker 1 year, 7 months ago

Amen brother. I hike around Clinton Lake in the summers and it's astonishing to me the amount of trash people leave everywhere. It's hard to imagine that people can enjoy being outdoors, hiking, fishing, hunting or what have you, and turn around and just leave their garbage when they leave. Keep up the good work.

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 1 year, 7 months ago

I still see people throwing out garbage from their cars. I don't understand. And after the St. Patrick day parade I looked around and people were just leaving their coffee cups and whatever behind. It's not like you have to walk far to find a trash container downtown. Thanks for picking up other people's trash, Louis.

Bob Forer 1 year, 7 months ago

Support Bernie and similar politicians.

Bob Smith 1 year, 7 months ago

So we can have power shutdowns like his idols in Venezuela have?

Bob Forer 1 year, 7 months ago

Bernie does not advocate nationalizing of the oil industry like Venezuela. Did you graduate from high school. YOu certainly know very little about world affairs.

He'd get around to it eventually if Americans were deluded into putting him in the White House.

Joe Blackford II 1 year, 7 months ago

a What's Left-of-Lenin Poster dedicated to the mind of B. Smith

a What's Left-of-Lenin Poster dedicated to the mind of B. Smith by Joe Blackford II

Maddy Griffin 1 year, 7 months ago

Turn off the water while brushing your teeth. You could save 2-3 gallons each day.

Chris Ogle 1 year, 7 months ago

Don't quit brushing your teeth.... worry about the leaking toilet. Ever wonder how many gallons of water are wasted from leaking toilets every hour in this country? Just a guess on my part.... but nationwide, I suspect leaky toilets waste more water than brushing our teeth.

If you are redoing your wattle and daub hut, don't take too many wattles from the same location.

Richard Heckler 1 year, 7 months ago

Turn more of yards into low maintenance landscaping whether it be typical landscaping or foodscaping or perhaps mix the two. Chemical free of course.

Lawn is a high demand landscape item of water and usually chemicals. Unless of course one is happy with whatever grows and waters little anyway.

Reducing mowing space is a good idea.

Richard Heckler 1 year, 7 months ago

Also take a look at this Maverick Cruiser for alternative transportation.

http://goldviolin.blair.com/p/maverick-cruiser/103011.uts

Walking,biking and Maverick Cruising what a concept.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.