Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On How did you handle the KU men’s basketball loss last night?

Comments

Leslie Swearingen 1 year ago

Has anyone noticed that the KU women are not still playing?

Oh. :-(

Leslie Swearingen 1 year ago

I was stunned, devastated and heartbroken and still am. How could this have happened? I am one of those fans who do live and die with their teams.

Has anyone noticed that the KU women are still playing?

ophiuchus 1 year ago

Casual bystanding; incidental grandstanding.

jhawkinsf 1 year ago

Me, I thought of the seniors that won't be coming back. I really liked Releford's tenacity. I saw huge growth in both Young and Withey. Then there's EJ, who despite some inconsistency, spent four full years here and will always be part of the Jayhawk family.

Ben, well, it's was a great year and I wish you well at the next level.

I dwelled upon this year for a few good minutes. Then I thought of all the returning talent and the incoming freshmen next year. Is next year's schedule out yet? When do we play our first game? Ten straight, that'll be great. I think our record will be good enough to deserve a one seed, maybe two. Which pod will we go to? Which region? Where's next year's Final Four?

Hey, this is K.U. Rock Chalk, baby!

sully97 1 year ago

I echo the comments on KU games becoming pay television only. Even the internet streams are becoming locked down. It suggests that the ncaa, big 12 and the rest of college basketball are in bed with internet providers and cable networks to squeeze all they can out of us. These teams and players receive a lot of direct and indirect support from state and local tax dollars. They should be available to the masses, not turning into boutique entertainment for those who can afford the cost of cable, internet subscriptions or high dollar tickets. If it were made affordable, I would gladly subscribe directly to KU athletics for internet streams of the games. The key word being "affordable" though. ESPN requires an expensive cable subscription, as does the ncaa to watch the games on their app. CBS requires a costly monthly subscription or pay per view (about $20 for one game I believe). And each of them still requires us to endure advertising. It's no secret that cable subscriptions are declining in the age of the internet and that networks and cable companies are scrambling to remain relevant. It's ruining college basketball in my opinion and degrades my respect for revered tax payer funded and supported institutions that should be standing up for their constituent fans rather than letting cable providers and networks determine who can and can't watch our games.

The_Original_Bob 1 year ago

"“Ughh. It was rough being a senior and knowing that was my last chance to storm Mass (Street). It hurt.” — Justin Held,, Minneapolis,, student"

You got to storm Mass St. twice last year and you were probably a Freshman back in '08 in which you had the opportunity to storm it three times.

I never had that opportunity while I was in school.

"Lawrence fans could not watch the game on local TV unless you subcribe to pay TV."

There is this thing that is called the internet. It is really cool. There were dozens of websites you could have watched that game on.

dogbait 1 year ago

It was really tough to "listen" to the game on the radio. I am proud of the Jayhawks but I am disappointed that even Lawrence fans could not watch the game on local TV unless you subcribe to pay TV. I guess college sports is slowly turning into "for profit only" business. It also seems to be partially how the brackets are set up? I hope college basketball doesn't keep heading in this direction. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Caz Snwot 1 year ago

How was the question asked on March 31st.... and the pictures have daylight... right now it's 2:53am.... where's my sunshine? and... did KU play saturday as well as friday... I missed that. Whatevs yo.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.