Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you have any upcycled or repurposed items?

Comments

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 11 months ago

No, but Dick Chaney said we used enhanced interrogation techniques, meaning KSM drank 85,000 gallons of water. WTH do upcycled and repurposed mean? Does anybody speak English anymore? Do you mean used? I could sure use a repurposed car right now. There was a lot of nondiscretionary fragrance at the library today. Not just BO, patchouli too. I'd have to ask Bea and RI, but they aren't here. And here I am, a Scottish-American employment-challenged caucasian male with a foul mouth and a dirty mind. Is this the meaning of life? Somebody must be punking me.

RoeDapple 1 year, 11 months ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

My pewter beer mug from the Stables has long served me as a pocket change receptacle.

LadyJ 1 year, 11 months ago

You can still reply to a disappearded remark, funny.

grammaddy 1 year, 11 months ago

"Questionon the street" or whatever they call it is always good for a laugh first thing in the morning. Thanks for putting a smile on my Monday Autie and Eddie!

rockchalker52 1 year, 11 months ago

Ditto, autie, on the coffee containers. We have a couple of em full of bacon grease. They're in the freezer & the contents are used for the birdie's suet cakes. There's also a bunch of junk in the barnette. I want to make some yard art out of it, but the more likely outcome is Sanford & Son redux.

I missed out on this R_I bizness. Gone, eh? That's a revoltin' development.

labmonkey 1 year, 11 months ago

I figured that Roe and Autie have turned several old vehicles into yard-art.

Bill Lee 1 year, 11 months ago

I've reused a couple of CD package tops. I turn them over and put small items in the short one and pens/pencils in the tall one. I've also reused the empty paper cases I've bought. They used to hold new reems of paper, and now they hold used paper that I'm too lazy to file. I keep my stray nuts and bolts in an old spice jar.

grammaddy 1 year, 11 months ago

What happened here? I didn't find anything offensive when I went through the first time and posted.Jeeez! Now a lot of comments have been removed.

I have an old tar barrel I repurposed to a burn barrel. WHEW! Shoulda seen the smoke from that one the first time I fired it!

labmonkey 1 year, 11 months ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

olkate 1 year, 11 months ago

All these removed comments must have been repurposed.

Liberty275 1 year, 11 months ago

When I drive the vette I recycle tire rubber into road surface.

rockchalker52 1 year, 11 months ago

My pleasure, prospector. I just upcycled some of my holiday blubber into a 3 & 1/2 mile walk with the doggie. Working it off one sugar cookie at a time. Next year I'm stickin' with the growlers. A beer belly beats a sweet tooth every time.

hedshrinker 1 year, 11 months ago

anything fabric gets re-used over and over...garden ties, fabrics stripped into rugs/potholders/placemats...I re-use the buttons, make patches and embellishments of the pockets/cuffs/button plackets/collars. Also dis-assemble clothes and put parts fr different garments together. Anything plastic and glass gets a good look for re-use: the clear ones for storage (I've learned if you can't see what's inside without removing the top, contents may be ignored until it's TOO late!) Colored glass makes good yard art. Wood and metal have multiple uses in the yard/garden/shop. Basically we only put out our new 30 gal trashbin every couple of weeks as most stuff goes to the recycling center (Defenbaugh bins at New York or Central, the big purple bin at the liquor store), the compost bin or is repurposed. We set out usable stuff on the curb after the trash gets picked up and it always disappears within 24 hours...good neighborhood freecycling.stuff moves fr one house to another).

Romans832 1 year, 11 months ago

I repurpose money that other people lose or leave behind by donating that money to charity.

olkate 1 year, 11 months ago

Might be too biodegradable to be worth it. There's no carbon footprint for throwing away delight.

Kathy Getto 1 year, 11 months ago

My great great Uncle Ben's 44. Still serving its original purpose.

Liberty275 1 year, 11 months ago

That's funny. I just heard on NPR that one of the ways Obama can affect gun control though his executive power is by having the EPA put restrictions on lead.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.