Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On What’s your favorite bar snack?

Comments

JJE007 2 years ago

Crisp fried squirrel and pork belly on turnips and arugula, dressed with a garlic and scallion laden torrontes reduction sauce, and served with a crisped and butter brushed side of sliced Ciabatta. Anybody know where I can find some?

Kontum1972 2 years, 1 month ago

u left out shrimp pimples Forrest ....obtw do u have a Forest Gump Hat.....?

LoL I do,...sezzz ......Bubba Gump Shrimp on the front and back

thx mama

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 1 month ago

"asixbury (anonymous) replies… Love that show!"

Every time I think that show is getting a bit too cute for its own good... BAM! Awesome stuff happens.

Pywacket 2 years, 1 month ago

Jalapeno poppers or buffalo chicken tenders (can't be bothered with all the little wing bones).

somedude20 2 years, 1 month ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

RoeDapple 2 years, 1 month ago

So what is the official date for Kansas City Star to take over printing the Topeka Capital Journal? Will there be any award winning local newspapers following suit?

kernal 2 years, 1 month ago

A tall cold one at an oyster shack on the beach. Great way to spend a hot summer afternoon when the sand fleas start biting.

Rara_Avis 2 years, 1 month ago

SOS, there's a bar like that on Desolation Row called the Shenago Lounge. There's nothing to eat but the beer is cold and they have a jukebox that plays sad drinkin' music like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWQJ7...

SOS 2 years, 1 month ago

Fried chitlins with some cajun hot sauce and an ice cold Schlitz in a frosty mug in a dark cold dingy bar on a 100 degree day.

Lt_Dan 2 years, 1 month ago

Shrimp "Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sauté it. There's, um, shrimp kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp and lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp in potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That's, that's about it."

BABBOY 2 years, 1 month ago

Ohh to stay on target, I would say Nachos or Wings depending on where I am at......

somedude20 2 years, 1 month ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

prospector 2 years, 1 month ago

Whatever the Free State Brewery is dishing up.

g_rock 2 years, 1 month ago

Anything fried that someone else orders so that I can eat it but don't have the guilt of ordering it. All cancelled out by a light beer. Wooohoo chick math!

The_Original_Bob 2 years, 1 month ago

Pappy Van Winkle.

/I'm watching entirely too much Justified.

rockchalker52 2 years, 1 month ago

The last pickled egg in that oversized mason jar full of brine sitting behind the bar.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 2 years, 1 month ago

4 bottles of tide for 1/4 ounce? Seriously?

ms_canada 2 years, 1 month ago

Toasted almonds go very nice with a crispy cool Riesling, yeh!

FlintlockRifle 2 years, 1 month ago

Pop Corn and peanuts in the shell

grammaddy 2 years, 1 month ago

Deep fried pickles.Jefferson's are good, but Buffalo Wild Wings' arebetter!

Pitt_Mackeson 2 years, 1 month ago

Actually I do enjoy a good hot wing ;P imported from Jefferson's! none of that buffalo wild wings overpriced junk!

Gandalf 2 years, 1 month ago

Curly fries with a lot of salt. I'll even put ketchup on them.

thuja 2 years, 1 month ago

When I run into a bar, I'll just hope I'm not the bar's favorite snack.

Benjamin Roberts 2 years, 1 month ago

I like those yogurt filled breakfast bars by Kellogg.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.