Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On /news/champions2008/ -- Self-made Champions: The 2008 season in retrospect

Comments

Photog88 6 years, 6 months ago

Love the chart at the top, I can see the score of every game without clicking anything.

rcornish 6 years, 6 months ago

Favorite memory: Looking at the thousands on 10th and Mass after the championship. Rock chalk, Jayhawk! Go KU!

Haiku_for_You 6 years, 5 months ago

Jayhawk fans rejoice!Seventy-five - Sixty-eight.Hail to old KU!

ksugrad4KU 6 years, 5 months ago

What a great site. This is the first Jayhawk national championship since I converted a few years ago. I will obviously never forget this tournament run, especially the victories over Davidson, North Carolina and Memphis.http://www.fannation.com/users/view_user_profile/12783

ralsterKUMed95 6 years, 5 months ago

This was a fantastic season, that basically wiped away any and all past issues that most fans may have had. Self earned his overdue FinalFour trip and National Championship. He proved he is more than just a good recruiter--he took KU's highlight transition game type of offense (like UNCs), and ADDED a well-executed halfcourt offense and solid defense. KU in 07-08 was complete basketball with all phases of the game played at a high level, with abundant athleticism, and a great depth with height, speed, and experience. Also evident in the team was a focused determination and toughness. This team deserved to win it all, and they made me very proud as they went on to do it in such an exemplary way.

Andrew Ledell 6 years, 5 months ago

I love that we can still come back to this site and relive all the fun. Anybody who loves this site, really needs to also pick up the book "A Year to Remember" by Jason King if they haven't already. Best book I've seen on the subject (and there have been a bunch). ROCK CHALK!!!

Alex Staley 6 years, 5 months ago

Somewhere online there is a free site that lets us watch the UNC game again. Anyone know where that is?

Sign in to comment