Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On What's Wrong with Sustainable Development? -- 02/25/13 at Famous Dave's 4931 W 6th St

Comments

Gotland 1 year, 1 month ago

The U.N.? Is that silly thing still around?

smileydog 1 year, 1 month ago

sustainable development equals zero development.

Darin wade 1 year, 1 month ago

Yes..Voting for Sustainable development policies especially the dysfunctional property owners in downtown Riverfront Hotel area.. trash like dead trees property owners that don't finish their yard work and look like" South park Trash, Its the low Life of Grecian Culture'

they all need a good Fine and especially an eviction and go somewhere else and produce Low life areas that produce Crime infested areas..

oldexbeat 1 year, 1 month ago

I'm just happy that the sponsor clearly doesn't plan for the future. Good.

Boston_Corbett 1 year, 1 month ago

Hooligan: That would be the Douglas County Republican Party.

Boston_Corbett 1 year, 1 month ago

I hope Dillon's has some extra-heavy tin foil for the Tea-pubs, AFP-types, and Koch acolytes who are putting this on.

WristTwister 1 year, 1 month ago

This is all I need to know about Agenda 21.

From Wiki:

The United States is a signatory country to Agenda 21, but because Agenda 21 is not a treaty, the Senate was unable to hold a formal debate or vote on it, nor was it ratified by the Executive branch of the United States. Several congressmen and senators, however, have spoken in Congress in support of Agenda 21; these include Representative Nancy Pelosi, Senator John Kerry, and Senator Harry Reid.

Plese accept my regrets (not really). I will not be in attendance.

Ken Lassman 1 year, 1 month ago

There's a direct link between the anti-Agenda 21 tea partiers and the John Birch Society. They've started a "DemocratsagainstAgenda21" website that is also of the same ilk, certainly not representative of anybody but the aforementioned tea partiers and those rabid anti-communist holdovers from the McCarthy/John Birch days. Nothing new to see here, folks, keep moving along....think impurifying our precious bodily fluids.

Dan Eyler 1 year, 1 month ago

This is also called agenda 21 which is a UN sponsored program that attacks personal property. Go ahead and Google Agenda 21 and read on. Overland Park, Ks was a sponsor community that has since pulled out. Due to weather the meeting has been moved to Monday, March 11th. Democrats have also become very concerned about the direction this is headed.

JayhawkFan1985 1 year, 1 month ago

The black helicopters should go after these buffoons...

buckjennings 1 year, 1 month ago

Most likely by the sorts of people who would have eagerly chopped down the last tree on Rapa Nui.

TNPlates 1 year, 1 month ago

Who's leading this discussion? And does the cost cover the discussion or dinner?

Sign in to comment